Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WANTED: criminal hats

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
ojsompson.jpg
oj.jpg

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
The original "Cat in the Hat"

31824085_ca2337bf35.jpg

Beezle McPussin, anti-hero of America's alley cats and strays, was ringleader of the notorious Tortoise Shell Gang, perpetrators of the bloody Rockland Fish Cannery Caper of 1932, in which a night watchman was clawed to death.

Apprehended by Special Agent Meowvin Purrvis of the Feline Bureau of Investigation, Beezle was convicted of rackcateering and murder and sentenced to death by burlap bag. After a "poor kitty" letter writing campaign in the fall of 1934, his sentence was reduced to 9 consecutive life terms.

Fletch said:

Benjamin (Bugsy) Siegel! Las Vegas owes a lot to this man's vision.

In the Godfather Part II Moe Green represents Ben Siegel and the Hyman Roth speech about Moe is a great one:
There was this kid I grew up with. He was younger than me, sort of looked up to me, you know. We did our first work together, worked our way out of the street. Things were good, we made the most of it. In Prohibition we ran molasses into Canada, made a fortune -- your father too.

As much as anyone I loved him and trusted him.

Later on he had an idea: to build a city out of a desert stopover for GIs on the way to the coast.

That kid's name was Moe Green. And the city he invented was Las Vegas.

This was a great man, a man of vision and guts. And there isn't even a plaque or a signpost or a statue of him in that town.

Someone put a bullet through his eye. No one knows who gave the order. When I heard it, I wasn't angry. I knew Moe, I knew he was headstrong, talking loud, saying stupid things. So when he turned up dead, I let it go.

And I said to myself, This is the business we've chosen. I didn't ask who gave the order. Because it had nothing to do with business.

You have two million in a bag in your room. I'm going in to take a nap. When I wake, if the money's on the table I'll know I have a partner. If it isn't I'll know I don't.

Boxerken

One of the Regulars
Joe Aiello (2nd from left)

VV5287.jpg

Joe was Capone's rival, well for a little while anyway. When they found him he had 57 .45 cal slugs in him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe