Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage sweatband

Weatherman

New in Town
I have several vintage fedoras that have small holes, single hole, punched in the Sweat Band near the rear seam slash size sticker. I've recently noticed the same type of hole punched in hats that are being sold as new/ notags/ display models. Does anyone know what these holes mean? Fyi, I'm not referring to Kohl's for ventilation or for initials, this is a single hole.

I have several vintage fedoras that have small holes, single hole, punched in the Sweat Band near the rear seam slash size sticker. I've recently noticed the same type of hole punched in hats that are being sold as new/ notags/ display models. Does anyone know what these holes mean? Fyi, I'm not referring to Kohl's for ventilation or for initials, this is a single hole.
They are a mix of factory rejects & rejects/returns from dealers, as Jim said. The sweat is then hole punched to identify them as such & discounted for sale thru the Outlets. Once sold at discount they can not be returned for credit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr.Crowley