Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Hunting Clothes

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The last one might sell well. Rising sun, RRL and others made repros with halfmoon pockets. People buy what they already know and what others showed them.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
You're absolutely right, Florian.
These are also a lot more practical as a fashion item than the shotgun shell vests are. This one has the two pockets on the front, two on the back , two inside, and the game pouch. A lot better for putting your iphone in.
I seem to remember last time someone posted one of these there were questions about what the half-moon was for. It's just a front pass-through to the game pouch. This Red Head is from the 1930s. Many earlier vests and jackets had the same type of pass-through on the front, but it was cut square. Those don't fetch anywhere near the price of these, probably because, like you say, it's the round-pocketed ones which are being reproduced.

vintage.vendeuse

A-List Customer
Nice stuff!

I've got several pieces but I think this is my oldest... I'm just not sure quite how old it is. Help is appreciated! I can't find out much about Super Dux but there seems to be an association with Carhartt.

My camera doesn't do well with reds. This coat is a nice deep color.

P1070177_zpsb279c4d7.jpg
P1070180_zps18f28abe.jpg
P1070179_zpsf82b6058.jpg
P1070182_zps2588cfa1.jpg
P1070184_zpse8c35710.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markjames