Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Bathing Suits

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Oh Kitty those are SO cute!! You're taking offers, right? ;)

Yes, I'm taking offers. Don't want to deal with Ebay and would rather see them go to a Lounger who will appreciate their style.

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
By a huge stroke of luck I stumbled across this one on Etsy for $2! Now I really will have to learn how to grade :D
il_430xN.70830416.jpg

Lillemor

One Too Many
Anything I could be interested in is pricey or if it's in my price range then even if most modern people think it looks retro enough the "modern'ness" of it will bother me.

They shouldn't have to suffer because I hate my thighs.

PS. I sentiment the feeling!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
KittyT said:
Shirin said:
http://www.dillards.com/webapp/wcs/...artServlet?view=20&No=80&N=1590675&R=03246282

This Jantzen suit is available at a lot of clearance stores like Marshall's and TJ Maxx. It hit those stores last season too. Newport News also has some good one pieces, though they use Flash for their images so I can't link to them from here. There are some great ones at Anthropologie right now too - I mean, if you want to pay $150-$278 for a swimsuit.

I LOVE that Jantzen suit! I will have to go check out TJMaxx. The towels are too cute! I am a sucker for beach towels. I have a bunch with the Coppertone girl on them from a few years ago.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Ladies, don't forget the classic Esther Williams sheath! I know we've discussed it before, but there are some new gals who might not know about these suits. I've always worn cover-ups when I'm in a suit but not in the water until I got my first Esther Williams suit. It's the only suit that I feel comfortable in. They are expensive but if I hadn't gained weight, I wouldn't need to replace my 3yr old suit. Unlike other retro suits, the Esther Williams sheath comes in plus-sizes, too, up to US 26.
11101-sheath-solid-gold2.jpg

http://esther-williams.com/categories.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth