Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viberg - any other horrible experiences?

AldenSyd

New in Town
I would definitely return these. For illustration, I got my Viberg boots from their NY sample sale. See boot at the bottom has lot more creases and more loose grain. Either way, you bought the boots new, unbroken, there shouldn’t any creases, unless they are a sample pair like mine.

Attachments

• IMG_0295.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 26

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
So I've been doing some googling, and it appears that there are a lot of people that have experienced this exact same QC issue, and this exact same customer service problem. Same thing...one shoe/boot with funky grain, and same BS to a T from their customer service people. Seems blaming it on 'damage in shipping' is their standard response, followed by 'we have reviewed it and determined it is not a problem LOL. And a lot of these complaints are quite old, going back years. Googling "viberg customer service" "viberg loose grain" "viberg QC issues" etc etc brought up many reddit threads, and threads from other forums

cbez

One Too Many
Yes, lots of people buy leather that creases and then get mad that it doesn't crease exactly the way they like.

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
Yes, lots of people buy leather that creases and then get mad that it doesn't crease exactly the way they like.

dude, I haven't worn them, and it's not regular creasing from wear type creasing. if it were I wouldn't care. maybe go back and read my original post and look at the photo, or re-read it if you found it difficult to understand. don't be a brick

cbez

One Too Many
I looked up some used guidi calf and it seems to primarily do this heavier creasing. None of this is 'loose grain' its just how this leather creases.

I still say at this price point they should do returns/exchanges regardless.

But saying they're defective etc is kind of silly.
1000024926.jpg
1000024923.jpg
1000024922.jpg
1000024924.jpg

MickeyPunch

Familiar Face
Ha! So it’s Guidi leather? That makes this post funny because Guidi literally puts their boots in the washing machine after they make them (which makes them run small, as they shrink). That along with object dyeing and the “sock with a sole” look is basically their trademark. That’s why they probably never have “perfect” hides.

Most of the artisanal boots in the same vein (Guidi, A1923, CCP and such) basically look like they were taken out of a dumpster when in fact they’re brand new; and they typically cost more than Vibergs.

But yeah that’s maybe a bad decision by Viberg (to use that leather) because a Viberg customer expects typical Viberg stuff, not this. And the venn diagram of Guidi and Viberg customers probably has a very small intersection (I might actually be one of those but never saw a Viberg boot that caught my eye).

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
Ha! So it’s Guidi leather? That makes this post funny because Guidi literally puts their boots in the washing machine after they make them (which makes them run small, as they shrink). That along with object dyeing and the “sock with a sole” look is basically their trademark. That’s why they probably never have “perfect” hides.

Most of the artisanal boots in the same vein (Guidi, A1923, CCP and such) basically look like they were taken out of a dumpster when in fact they’re brand new; and they typically cost more than Vibergs.

But yeah that’s maybe a bad decision by Viberg (to use that leather) because a Viberg customer expects typical Viberg stuff, not this. And the venn diagram of Guidi and Viberg customers probably has a very small intersection (I might actually be one of those but never saw a Viberg boot that caught my eye).

I don't know about any of that, but here are the pics of the shoes off Viberg's site to give you an idea of what was advertised and what I was expecting. And again, on the pair I received it's just one shoe on one side that's affected. So, one of my shoes and half of the other look like this:

1725999510626.png
1725999552165.png
1725999583016.png
1725999594630.png

Attachments

• 1725999532543.png
    1725999532543.png
    839.4 KB · Views: 37

mumpy

A-List Customer

MickeyPunch

Familiar Face
I don't know about any of that, but here are the pics of the shoes off Viberg's site to give you an idea of what was advertised and what I was expecting. And again, on the pair I received it's just one shoe on one side that's affected. So, one of my shoes and half of the other look like this:

View attachment 638866 View attachment 638868 View attachment 638869 View attachment 638870
As I mentioned in a previous message, I do think you should have the right to return the item, no questions asked (I did say that that crease wouldn’t bother me one bit, because it’s true). And in my message above I say it’s Viberg’s fault to use a type of leather that might not be what the typical Viberg customer expects, or at least they should try to make a better effort to educate/manage expectations of their customers.

But yeah as pointed out above I see similar creases not in one but in both shoes in those pics, albeit perhaps less pronounced.

Faux59

Familiar Face
Leather anything can be a gamble. I would just wear them knowing their construction is solid if those were mine but fully understand how that would upset others. Viberg should definitely take a return no questions asked if they're unworn. I suggest sticking with stocklists.

You can see almost identical creasing in their stock photo. I would guess it's a result of lasting with this leather.

I was just about to say this!

There's the same damn crease on the product photo! They are literally advertising their footwear with this crease shown. At this point, it would literally make more sense to demand a refund because the crease isn't there.

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
I was just about to say this!

There's the same damn crease on the product photo! They are literally advertising their footwear with this crease shown. At this point, it would literally make more sense to demand a refund because the crease isn't there.

no they're not. Here, I'll explain this AGAIN in super simple terms...the creases visible in their website photos are very fine and are from just normal bending of the leather. The shoes I received DO sport these very same fine creases also. Both shoes do. However, that's NOT what I'm complaining about. What I'm complaining about is that one shoe sports something else entirely on one side...the severe deep creasing that looks like loose grain, which is very different from the normal fine creases. It looks like some kind of funky exotic leather in that one spot, like rhino or elephant hide lol. Make sense now? Trust me, I'm a reasonable guy and wouldn't flip my $h!t over some minor normal creasing that you'd see on any shoe. C'mon now

Last edited:

Randomuser

New in Town
They offered store credit, which is their return policy. Maybe you can put it towards shell, which won’t have creases.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1