Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson Model E Highwayman 42

JM7

One of the Regulars
New condition Model E Vanson Highwayman for sale. I have only worn it 5 or 6 times. It is too heavy for me . It has not been broken in at all. I had the epaulets removed professionally but still have them if you like the look with them. It is a stock 42 that I bought from Vanson less than a year ago. May be interested in a trade but would prefer to sell. Price is $550, it is the competition weight leather

Attachments

• P2P.jpg
    P2P.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 297
  • hihwymnfront3.jpg
    hihwymnfront3.jpg
    785.5 KB · Views: 287
  • Hghwyman back1.jpg
    Hghwyman back1.jpg
    725.9 KB · Views: 277
  • hghwymnfront3.jpg
    hghwymnfront3.jpg
    864.9 KB · Views: 302

JM7

One of the Regulars
Lowered price to $475. This has seriously been worn no more than 5 times. It’s still in new condition. It weighs more than a mature camel

Bobbyg

New in Town
Still got this? I see it’s a pretty old post now. I’m trying to figure out if I’m a 40 or 42 though

Bobbyg

New in Town
@Biff42 ah, thank you!
I’m 5’9, 165 lbs, 42”-43” chest. My chest makes me go up normally, but I tried an enfield in 42 and it was pretty big. I asked vanson and they said the model e should be solid in 42, but I’m considering a 40 with the non quilted lining. I’m a little worried it’ll be too tight though up top, I’ll use it for riding and willl need a layer or two every now and then.
Thanks for your help!

Biff42

A-List Customer
@Biff42 ah, thank you!
I’m 5’9, 165 lbs, 42”-43” chest. My chest makes me go up normally, but I tried an enfield in 42 and it was pretty big. I asked vanson and they said the model e should be solid in 42, but I’m considering a 40 with the non quilted lining. I’m a little worried it’ll be too tight though up top, I’ll use it for riding and willl need a layer or two every now and then.
Thanks for your help!
Damn, you have a big chest. I'd try the 42 so you have some room for layers. Also, remember that the front length is only 23 inches or so, so it shouldn't be too long for you.

Bobbyg

New in Town
Yea it’s probably best to play it safe, and if it’s 23” in the front that’s good. The enfield was like 25” or 26” in the front which was too long for my taste also.
Yea man it’s tough getting fitted haha. I’m kind of short and yea the bigger chest makes me size up, then the lengths get long and the waist gets pretty big, I have a 31” waist. But this style is kind of perfect because the side laces can take up most of the excess.
I was trying to go for other styles, but it’s tough to beat the fit of a cross zip, they’re really versatile. And for riding especially it’s tough to beat.

Bobbyg

New in Town
Yea I was wondering/worried about the sleeves being a little too short for the 40 anyway. I don’t mind a little extra sleeve length. The enfield 42 sleeves were pretty good for me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mads