Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson Mercury "44" fit like 42

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Up for sale is a nice vintage Vanson Mercury jacket, tagged as a "44" but please see size details below.
I estimate this jacket is 20-30+ years old, and it's had an instance of hitting pavement in the back, which after some conditioning have evened up quite nicely. I provide as-received & after conditioning photos of this below. This jacket appears to be Competition-weight Cowhide, It's sturdy and stable but not overly heavy. The tag does not indicate Horsehide, so I suspect it is not Horsehide. There are trace remains of a serial number in the inside pocket, it's quite difficult to read.

This jacket is a winner in terms of details. Check out the leather-lined hand-warmer pockets, the cotton drill in the sleeves and cotton plaid lining in the body, with leather patches (inside) at the wear points between the body & sleeve lining. This was built to last. The shirt-style collar does not snap down.

A couple notes as this is an older jacket, it's had some re-work with the zippers. Only the RH sleeve zipper is original "Vanson". The LH is a replacement zipper from a "Hugo Boss" jacket and the main zipper is a YKK, both were done prior to my ownership. Also the windflap - it should really be "inside" the main zipper, however as the photos show, it is located outside. i suspect when the prior owner had the main zipper replaced, they requested it be placed outside. If this is an issue, a good knife and straightedge could eliminate that windflap in a matter of minutes.

Sizing details, tagged a "44" this fits closer to a "42 short" -
Pit to Pit - 22.5"
Shoulders - 18"
Torso - shoulder to hem - 22"
Waist - 20"
Sleeve - 24.25"
Back - 22"
Weight ~ 4.75 lbs

Asking $250 Shipped CONUS - PayPal F&F
Rest of world I will ship at actual cost over the $250.00

V_09.JPG
V_07.JPG