Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson Maverick

17” shoulder:
IMG_3319.jpeg

19” shoulder:
IMG_2142.jpeg

Shoulder width is one of the primary measurements I use in determining fit. If the shoulders are wide enough there is wiggle room on the chest. If the shoulders are too narrow the jacket simply does not fit.

If I had forced my arms down to my side in the first photo I would have likely turned the jacket into a vest. It’s not rocket science. It’s not even lawn mower science.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
1729175248899.png

Size 40 along the shoulder curve is 50cm, size 42 along the curve is 52cm. Straight across is usally about an inch to inch and half less depending on how tall the shoulder slope is.

For type III jacket the design has wider than normal shoulder width. So this will sort of throw things off a bit.

If you are in the USA you can just call them and order both and send back the one that doesn't work. They're still free shipping within the US but you'll have to pay return postage which is not a lot and totally worth it. If you are outside of USA then you gotta take a gamble. Vanson has upgraded their motochap leathers for the current offering, making their trucker jacket probably the best bang for the buck at the moment imo.

PS the Japanese retailer measure along the curve, here in the forum usually measure straight across (like a straight yoke) Vanson's nape measurement is basically half of the Japanese along the curve plus the sleeve length, like how dress shirts used to be sold, for example, 16"-35" (16" neck 35" nape sleeve length)
1729175721297.png

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Interesting conversation folks.

My two cents … the chest measurement is the most important (to me). The shoulders seem to vary more on the jackets I own, but the chest is relatively consistent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymatmar