Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unpopular movie opinions...

I understood it, just didn't like it though. Mind, I haven't read the book. The story borrowed elements from so many other stories. I'm not sure I could sit through another rendition! *lol*
X
BD

I understood it was like watching paint dry.:p Geez, all the Soliloquies and slooooowwww periods in that film could have been put to better use. If I wanted Shakespeare I would watch that.:rolleyes:
I didn't like it either if you can't tell. :p

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I understood it was like watching paint dry.:p Geez, all the Soliloquies and slooooowwww periods in that film could have been put to better use. If I wanted Shakespeare I would watch that.:rolleyes:
I didn't like it either if you can't tell. :p

That is an accurate description James...like watching paint dry. Actually, I'd rather watch paint dry then see Dune ever again!
X
BD

I've actually done that. It's overrated ;)
Yeah... my usual fix was to have pieces for several different models queued up on the workbench so I could maintain a steady "flow" of paint-onto-plastic, and another separate batch requiring a different color for when the first queue ran out.

:eek:fftopic: Do you have any idea how much of a frickin' PAIN in the alimentary-canal it is trying to get an even coat of white or silver (anything metallic, actually) onto a large (read: anything above 1/144) scale model of a heavy bomber? Enola Gay and Bockscar are still sitting on the bench less than 25% complete, and frustration with painting "natural metal" on my B-52s meant most of 'em got camouflaged...

rue

Yeah... my usual fix was to have pieces for several different models queued up on the workbench so I could maintain a steady "flow" of paint-onto-plastic, and another separate batch requiring a different color for when the first queue ran out.

:eek:fftopic: Do you have any idea how much of a frickin' PAIN in the alimentary-canal it is trying to get an even coat of white or silver (anything metallic, actually) onto a large (read: anything above 1/144) scale model of a heavy bomber? Enola Gay and Bockscar are still sitting on the bench less than 25% complete, and frustration with painting "natural metal" on my B-52s meant most of 'em got camouflaged...

Mr. DB!!! Oh how I've missed you :D

Actually I have no idea, but watching paint dry on a wall isn't much fun either ;)

I di not read the book but had several discussions with people that had afters seeing Dune. I think that people watch films and are set up for certain concepts and presentation style. If something is not in the preconceived mode it becomes a puzzle that some can't solve. When Dune came out (the one that has Jean Luc Picard in it) I saw it at the movies and came out at the end with a good idea as to the story line. In discussing it with others that had seen it that evening, i realized that for many their inability to concentrate on the material and understand what was presented was a great handicap. I remember saying to a couple of people, "Were you in the same theater watching the same movie as me? Because you are not describing the same film at all, I think you were in the next theater!" A lot of people could not get straight who the houses were and who was on whose side. And this was i think before the MTV Attention Defecate Disorder soundbite mentality of people today.

I di not read the book but had several discussions with people that had afters seeing Dune. I think that people watch films and are set up for certain concepts and presentation style. If something is not in the preconceived mode it becomes a puzzle that some can't solve. When Dune came out (the one that has Jean Luc Picard in it) I saw it at the movies and came out at the end with a good idea as to the story line. In discussing it with others that had seen it that evening, i realized that for many their inability to concentrate on the material and understand what was presented was a great handicap. I remember saying to a couple of people, "Were you in the same theater watching the same movie as me? Because you are not describing the same film at all, I think you were in the next theater!" A lot of people could not get straight who the houses were and who was on whose side. And this was i think before the MTV Attention Defecate Disorder soundbite mentality of people today.

You have to admit that there was just a glut of information dumped on you over a loooonnnngggg time. Remembering what happened at the beginning and in whispered tones at times was a stretch. Remembering the houses and such was not so much a problem it was just all the slowness involved to get where they went.
Even the "exciting parts" weren't.:p;)

Harp

I'll Lock Up
"Saving Private Ryan" was a mediocre movie sandwiched by 2 unforgettable battle scenes....

Ryan is admittedly flawed; however, the film does reflect certain
human truths that raise the production itself as a whole above simple mediocrity.
The moral collapse of individual integrity; or, redemption-singular/collective
in combat is inherent witihin the human condition.

You have to admit that there was just a glut of information dumped on you over a loooonnnngggg time. Remembering what happened at the beginning and in whispered tones at times was a stretch. Remembering the houses and such was not so much a problem it was just all the slowness involved to get where they went. Even the "exciting parts" weren't.:p;)

It's the difference between action adventure and a drama.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun