Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Two 1940s Fashion/Hair Books

Nashoba

One Too Many
I actually have to agree with Miss N on that one. I have a copy of the book and I found it a terrible dissapointment. I have additional resources that I found way more informative and helpful that that particular book.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nashoba said:
I actually have to agree with Miss N on that one. I have a copy of the book and I found it a terrible dissapointment. I have additional resources that I found way more informative and helpful that that particular book.

And I will be posting more hairstyling patterns and tips from my fashion books in Vintage Betty's Book of the Week in the future, so keep an eye on that thread.

And I agree with Miss Neecerie comments on the book. I only had time to skim it so far, but it appears the author mostly copied other vintage source material, and than did not give credit.

Vintage Betty

sixsexsix

Practically Family
1940s hair

I know if you do a little bit of searching you can definitely download this book for free online in pdf....if you're ok with skirting copy write laws

catsmeow

One of the Regulars
Bummer..read this thread too late...:( oh well. I think you can still get the Sears book but yeah the vintage hair book is so hard to get. I remember when it came out, but I didn't get round to buying it. It was quite pricey for a black & white book, but compared to what i'd have to pay for it now, i should have bought it then. I was a student at the time and was broke..oh fooey:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrichards1007