Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

True Blood

Hondo

One Too Many
I watch (DVR) and think its a great series, I watch when I can (big vampire fan) but does not seem to attract much viewers (bummer) I think HBO viewers are spoiled due to ROME, and Serpranos, I don't even watch Big Love:p

Kermez

A-List Customer
Yes, I've seen every episode so far. It has been "greenlit" for next season as well.

While I wouldn't call myself a "fan" of the books, I enjoy them, and the series seems to be remaining quite true to them (well, the first book, anyways).

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
This is what I wrote in the Last TV Show Watched thread.

I dont know yet about this one yet...There is amazing chemistry between the actors playing Sookie and Bill that just shows up powerful in the show.

Its the supporting characters that are driving me nuts. Aside from the Grandmother (who is my favorite character on the show), and Rene all the other characters I find strongly annoying, especially the best friend, Tara.

I know they have to come on strong in the first few eps, and the show should level out mid season, but I dont know...There is a lot of overly melodramatic moments and then camp. No level yet.

Still, its Alan Ball, Ive always thought of him as the NV-17 version of Joss Whedon, (and Whedon the PG-13 version of Ball), so Ill keep watching.

Ive watched 4 eps now, and I still feel about the same. Plus I cant stand the opening credits montage *yucky* I dont know...

LD

B

BAZ

Hell yeah! We're still watching!
Just caught up on three episodes yesterday on HBO-On Demand.

Glad they explained the dog thing!

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yep, I'm watching. They had a marathon of all episodes to-date weekend before last and I watched and enjoyed it. When I first heard about it a few months ago, I didn't know if I'd like it or not, and I couldn't watch it AND Mad Men since they aired at the same time. But now that Mad Men's wrapped for the season... I've got a pretty good idea who the killer is (I think) but seemed like a few curves were thrown in the "scenes from the next episode" last night.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Is it me, or does the show seem better without the vampires in it? lol

The story lines not involving the vampires directly are the most fun.

Tara and her mom, Jason and his flippy girlfriend (so glad they axed her!), explaining the dog.

Now that the show is in its stride, its one of my weekly not misses :)

LD

B

BAZ

I do like the vampires tho, well, when they're not being all cliched and strutting around baring their fangs!!
Bill is an interesting character, but also seems a bit "embarrassed" to be there!

Kermez

A-List Customer
Mike in Seattle said:
I've got a pretty good idea who the killer is (I think) but seemed like a few curves were thrown in the "scenes from the next episode" last night.

Me, too - since I read the book years ago! :p

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
I can't believe I missed this thread. I'm really liking this show!! I've seen all but the first couple episodes, and I plan to watch them online eventually. I've still got no idea who the killer is, I just know I'm pretty certain it's a human.

Red Diabla

One of the Regulars
My favorite character is Lafayette. SOOOO over the top, I love it!

I loved Stephen Root's too-brief appearance in the series as the vampire that got killed by Sookie's brother and crazy girlfriend.

The shape-shifter is a fun aspect. Me likey that, too.

I find the opening credits to be all kinds of neato.

For some reason the "over the top" acting of Anna Paquin drives me completely bonkers. It works for the Tara character, but I wanna slap Sookie for being annoying most of the time.

I'm still not decided how the vampires are played. I kinda like Bill, especially since he tries to maintain his Southern Gentleman roots while being a killer. Especially now that he has a fledging to deal with, that has fun possibilities. The vampire sheriff is too boring, and his female sidekick or whatever she is just annoys.

RD

Oh, and I have no idea who the killer is, but I almost don't care.

Spiffy

A-List Customer
:eek:fftopic:
I miss Jason's yippie girlfriend.
Also; has anyone noticed how amazingly golden-era that Eric's bouncer tag-along (Pam) is always dressed? Safari-style khaki shirtdresses, neat blond hair, perfect high heels. In the books, she's supposed to be a suppressed prepster who is forced to dress gothically to work at Fangtasia!

WinoJunko

One of the Regulars
Just saw this thread as well

I love this show! I've watched it every week since it started and I can't get enough! Maybe thats because they always end every episode off on a cliff hanger to make you wanna come back and see what happens next. Darn that editing technique, haha. Anyways, I'm pretty sure I know who the killer is after the last episode...unless it turns out to be someone else completely. And oh yeah, I think the opening credits are cool!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe