Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trench Coat - the 'Ultimate' Thread!

classyguy

Familiar Face
thanks for the replys...i think ill go with the flip up.

Now, what about the belt? To knot or not to knot? right now i just leave it undone but not sure how good it looks? what do ya'll think?

Feraud

Bartender
classyguy said:
thanks for the replys...i think ill go with the flip up.

Now, what about the belt? To knot or not to knot? right now i just leave it undone but not sure how good it looks? what do ya'll think?
Read this thread -
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=124
for an in depth discussion on all aspects of trenchcoat wear.

Do not forget the stickies at the top of the room for photo reference.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
The collar on my 70s brown leather trench is too wide for me to pop it and still wear a brimmed hat, unless I tilt the hat a bit down.

2156467026_0424daa7cc.jpg

I had the collar in a kind of rain-catcher shape here, slightly creased down where it meets the neck but up in back. It won't stay that way tho.

Retro Rob

Familiar Face
Need British Trench Coat Help

I have been looking, with no luck, for a WW2 era British Officers Trench Coat. They were made by Burberry and look very much like their modern coat, however these were definitly heavier, almost like a light tan canvas or wip-cord. Ive check with every militaria dealer I could find, and of course ebay, but no luck I figured you guys would know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks, Rob

Retro Rob

Familiar Face
Thanks Betty

I emailed Jerry Lee (WPG) and he is trying to get some made. I have a US Officers Trench coat, but the British one is much more dashing, with it's leather covered buckles and epulates. Now wonder why every foreign correspondent and cold war spy wanted one.;)

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
You won't find them in a militaria dealer - at least I've never seen one there. they turn up sometimes in vintage clothing shops and in charity (goodwill) shops in the UK. We are planning a shopping expedition in London in a few weeks. What size are you and do you have a budget?

Alan

Retro Rob said:
I have been looking, with no luck, for a WW2 era British Officers Trench Coat. They were made by Burberry and look very much like their modern coat, however these were definitly heavier, almost like a light tan canvas or wip-cord. Ive check with every militaria dealer I could find, and of course ebay, but no luck I figured you guys would know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks, Rob

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
I recognised your outhouse door!

Alan

nightandthecity said:
hey, that was mine! It went to a major Italian collector.

They are surprisingly rare given the numbers that must have been made and their solidity. They do turn up on evilbay from time to time.

citRon

A-List Customer
Target score on a trench coat

Well, I think I got a deal on a trench coat at target; on clearance for $24.75.
It's an Isaac Mizrahi, Tan/khaki color with a green plaid lining. Has the waist belt, sleeves have adjustable little belts around the ends of them. Button covered outer slash pockets, two inside pockets. 100% cotton poplin.
For 25 bucks, I couldn't pass it up! If I can figure how to post pics, I'll get one up.
Ok, just felt the need to share.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
'Made in England' Burberry Trench (photo)

I've been told by a girl who worked for Burberry that they are no longer getting made in Britain as it is so much cheaper abroad. Interesting fact. The jacket you see in the photo retails for around £700. I asked her how much 'they' were making them for in Britain and she replied £30 each, but £15 of that went to each girl when she completed one of the trenchcoats. So £15 for the trench and £15 for the labour!! And NOW they are being made for cheaper in the far east!!! [huh]

Yet still retailed at £700. Mmmmmmm. [huh]

So you may well ask yourself...is it worth it? or am I as well to seek out ones in the likes of Target or such outlets, or...keep an eye out for a decent secondhand one. I've just found a string of them in a little secondhand shop near me, where they are just tucked away (both ladies and gents).

howardhughesAviatorhat006.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Good Citizen Az