Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Today's silly fantasy

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Sam,

The Fed IV is closer in proprtion to what would be considered an 'Indy' hat than the Adventurer, whose brim is just too big. It almost borders on a 'cowboy' hat with its wider brim and lower crown, which accentuates the wider brim.

I also have a Fed III which is biger than the IV in both brim and crown. It borders on being too big for my head and face, but I wear it more when the weather looks inclement due to its slightly larger brim.

The design of the Fed was contributed to by Steve Delk of Adventurebilt, the man who made the hats for Crystal Skull, so that might have something to do with it.

Last edited:

Woodfluter

Practically Family
Yeah, I'm down with the blue thang.

I have a Biltmore 2-1/4 brim that's actually decent felt but really needs a new ribbon.
My wife says she loves me in that color.
A Fed Deluxe in medium-dark blue (not navy). Yeah. I can see it. I'd buy it.

- Bill

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Bill,

I got lucky in an auction for a dark ... not navy ... blue Resistol western.
Great condition, beautiful white satin liner

I rebuilt it into a navy "raiders" fedora and really enjoy it.

But the lighter shade of true blue in a lighter felt fedora would be great.
Either a Fed or Squatter in blue would be great.

Sam

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Gents, my humble apologies for not returning to the discussion earlier, it's been a busy busy week. Anyway, I've written a letter to the good folks at Akubra with some polite and humbly-phrased suggestions/requests. I really don't think I'll receive anything back from them other than a courteous "Thanks for your custom and your suggestions have been noted," but at least you guys have encouraged me to put my thoughts into words. As the saying goes, you'll never know if you don't ask.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82