Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Today in History

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just pathetic loudmouths who were at the forefront when it came to torturing and killing defenceless people and cowardly f.cked off when it came to taking responsibility.

Last edited:

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
09-11-2001. Never forget those we lost that day and the people that carried this off.

Never forget how united we were in the days following, and hope that one day we will be again.
Amen Woody amen!
B

An aside….i’ve watched as D-Day and the day WWII ended have slipped into oblivion. What used to be annual front page memorials is barely referenced.
The same is happening to 9/11.
Absolutely breaks my heart knowing the callous selfish present, so easily erases those and them that gave all as a gift that allows them today to be so entitled.
B

Woodtroll

One Too Many
Amen Woody amen!
B

An aside….i’ve watched as D-Day and the day WWII ended have slipped into oblivion. What used to be annual front page memorials is barely referenced.
The same is happening to 9/11.
Absolutely breaks my heart knowing the callous selfish present, so easily erases those and them that gave all as a gift that allows them today to be so entitled.
B

We Scots-Irish tend to have long memories, especially of wrongs inflicted on us. I lost family (before my time, of course) in WWII, and right or wrong I refuse to ever own a Japanese or German vehicle.

ChiTownScion

Call Me a Cab
In going thru WWII in our Day by Day thread, as we've been doing now for five years, I find that the thing I regret the most is that Hitler and Goebbels were not taken alive by the Russians.

The guy that I wanted to see at the end of a rope was Roland Freisler, chief judge of the so- called People's Court. Killed in a 1945 air raid.

Because he had once sworn to uphold enforcing the law with fairness and impartiality, I regarded him as especially culpable. What he did to the White Rose members and the July 20 Plot defendants was unconscionable. I judge him- and many members of the German legal profession of that era- severely as a member of the bar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1