Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Come by the shop tomorrow (Saturday) from 12-5 to browse our Aero and Vanson jackets! You can also get fitted for a custom Aero or Vanson and get your perfect Winter jacket...

www.thurston-bros.com

Custom Aero Long Half Belt in Tumbled Black CXL FQHH with brown corduroy lining:

Aero Long Half Belt Tumbled Black CXL FQHH front.jpg

Aero Long Half Belt Tumbled Black CXL FQHH chest pocket.JPG

Aero Long Half Belt Tumbled Black CXL FQHH back.jpg

Aero Long Half Belt Tumbled Black CXL FQHH brown corduroy lining.jpg

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up

de Stokesay

One of the Regulars
That does look fantastic indeed Carrie! It looks like Aero managed to find lighter coloured hides, as I requested, as well. I'm quite looking forward to seeing it (and trying it on). We're just getting into the perfect heavy leather jacket weather here in Saskatchewan now.
Bunyip - The lining is Locharron's Strome (heavyweight) Fergusson tartan. I have a kilt in this tartan, but woven by House of Edgar, that I wear at least once a week as well. I think the lighter brown horsehide goes well with this tartan.
I went with the tumbled brown instead of the regular CXL horsehide because I liked the subtleties of shading (marbling? colour variations?) in this finish that the regular doesn't seem to have, not because of any fears of the break-in process. The regular brown CXL horsehide seems a bit too monochromatic to my eyes, but I guess it's a good thing we don't all want the same thing.
Thank you for all of your help with the fitting process Carrie, hopefully we got it right!

de Stokesay

Last edited:

Insomnia

One of the Regulars
Is the Tumbled Black CXL FQHH as beautiful as the Tumbled Brown CXL FQHH? Do you have pictures of the black leather?

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
That does look fantastic indeed Carrie! It looks like Aero managed to find lighter coloured hides, as I requested, as well. I'm quite looking forward to seeing it (and trying it on). We're just getting into the perfect heavy leather jacket weather here in Saskatchewan now.
Bunyip - The lining is Locharron's Strome (heavyweight) Fergusson tartan. I have a kilt in this tartan, but woven by House of Edgar, that I wear at least once a week as well. I think the lighter brown horsehide goes well with this tartan.
I went with the tumbled brown instead of the regular CXL horsehide because I liked the subtleties of shading (marbling? colour variations?) in this finish that the regular doesn't seem to have, not because of any fears of the break-in process. The regular brown CXL horsehide seems a bit too monochromatic to my eyes, but I guess it's a good thing we don't all want the same thing.
Thank you for all of your help with the fitting process Carrie, hopefully we got it right!

de Stokesay

You'll have to put up some fit photos once you receive it--that what everyone loves to see around here ;)

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Is the Tumbled Black CXL FQHH as beautiful as the Tumbled Brown CXL FQHH? Do you have pictures of the black leather?

The Tumbled Black CXL is a broken-in version of the standard Black CXL...it's softer and more matte, but you aren't going to see the variations in tone that you see in the Tumbled Brown because the black color doesn't really show variation...

Here are a couple of Aero jackets in Tumbled Black CXL FQHH:

Aero Long Half Belt Tumbled Black CXL FQHH front.jpg

Aero Long Half Belt Tumbled Black FQHH alpaca.JPG

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
If you'd like to get fitted for our October Aero production, come on by the shop this weekend on Saturday between 12 and 5! We also have lots of off-the-rack Aero, Vanson and vintage jackets to choose from...

Shop window.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe