Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This is why Stetson Stinks

ortega76

Practically Family
thefedorastore said:
Today Dobbs (aka Stetson) has the Steve Harvey Collections.

I have been intrigued by that Steve Harvey collection. Not that I want to buy one (it doesn't fit my style), but a local menswear retailer has started to carry some hats. Nothing wonderful, mind you, just some wool stuff (Stacy Adams, Bailey and the like) and a few paper straw lids. They carry the Dobbs Steve Harvey line in wool felt.

While not my favorite color palette, I suppose I hope this is a step in the right direction. I hope they have enough success to expand their hat lineup and maybe check out a few fur felts. I know it's difficult for them to move a lot, but I do wish them success.

That Playboy II IS kinda ugly, but if someone picked it up and it started their love of hats, that's great. I know I loved fedoras as a kid because they were what the old pachucos on the South Side wore. It's what gangsters on tv wore. I thought it made you look tough. Is that any sillier than buying a Playboy II? Maybe.

I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to wearing hats in loud colors if their styles were "right." By that I mean, for me anyway, hats of "Golden Era" proportions. You know, a 2 1/2 to 3 inch brim, a tallish, straight-sided crown, a grosgrain ribbon and bow and a bound brim edge. In fuchsia.
Now, where'd I put my pink and chartreuse cowboy boots?

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Ortega, my vote is to look for a dark or midnight blue hat. The darker blue hat will make the lighter shirt "pop" nicely. IMO light/dark contrast is more tasteful than two lighter colors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally