Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things that happen in shipping...

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Well, the seller has refunded me my money and will be going after DHL for a refund from them. I told her I'd hang onto the wreckage until she knows whether or not DHL will be wanting to pick it up.

Turns out the box it arrived in wasn't even the original box she shipped it in! After I sent her the photos she emailed back asking if my name and address were written directly on the box anywhere. They weren't; there was just the DHL shipping label. Now there's integrity for you... somehow the original box gets so torn up someone had to hunt down another box (a Frito-Lay box, in this instance) in order to put the obviously destroyed contents into it for delivery to the unsuspecting recipient. :rage: What, did they think I wouldn't notice the damage when I opened it?

Geez. At least the seller has integrity in this case. I've got another hat that came in the same day that was advertised as having "minor moth bites" but turned out to be more like "moth larvae feeding frenzy", and it arrived in a box that was smashed flat as well (USPS this time.) The box was a well-used one that wasn't tall enough to hold the hat without squashing it a bit to begin with. Oh, and there's one of those infamous stains around the top of the ribbon from another hat sitting on it. None of which were visible in the not-that-great photos. The seller has offered me either to take it back (and pointed out that he doesn't give refunds on shipping) or to refund half my money. So... I wind up with being out about $15-$20 total for round-trip shipping and have nothing, or out $30 and have a hat that at best would be a beater or a candidate for cannibalization for parts. The sweat, liner, and ribbon/bow are all in excellent shape--it really was a good hat if it wasn't for the major and multiple divots. Worse, I'd intended it as a gift for my son.

Ah, well... enough whining. :eusa_booh Ya pays your money and ya takes your chances. All in all, I've actually been very fortunate in most of my eBay dealings! But man, the destruction of that irreplacable box... makes ya want to find the person responsible and :kick:

Cheers,
Tom

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
i feel the frustration with ya'...ive ordered jackets that have been bunched into a ball and fitted into one of those plastic anti-tear document deals that USPS has...its terrible, though they are a little more agile than a 3-way box, which is so sad to lose:( but so ridiculous to see how it was delivered:eusa_doh: someone needs a swift :kick: off the planet as you mentioned...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust