Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Twelve Steps Of Hataholics

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
OK, Roger, I can do Brunhilde, but someone else will have to wear that other hat (cap?) James found, the flamingo. Now, I know that you live in a place where those creatures live, so if I take the Brunhilde viking hat, I thought you might want the chance to wear the flamingo. What say?

And we want pictures!

PS -- I have looked and looked at that cap and cannot figure out how it is worn. Does the big bird perch on your head, or does it stand on you head, or....?

karol

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
It has to perch, those legs would never stand. If someone had enough hair, it would look like it was nesting. And the wearer would have those long legs dangling down the side like long straps. Unless, of course, you tied the legs behind your head, or in front.

I have to stop now or I will begin to think someone should actually wear the thing....

karol

K.D. Lightner said:
It has to perch, those legs would never stand. If someone had enough hair, it would look like it was nesting. And the wearer would have those long legs dangling down the side like long straps. Unless, of course, you tied the legs behind your head, or in front.

I have to stop now or I will begin to think someone should actually wear the thing....

Yep, you could perch it on your head and tie the legs under your chin so the flamingo won't fall off in a wind. :p I want pictures of that one if you plan on getting it. ;)
I think I also want a recording of you singing Brunhilde. A little Ride of the Valkyries in the background would be apro po as well. :p

Regards to all,

J

:p ;)
SHARPETOYS said:
Hey Jamespowers check your pm box. I got pictures of KD i need you to crop and post of our gal.

Sharpey

I see 'em. I will see what I can do tonight. They are nice and clear. Should be easy.
The hats are better than I thought they would be. I am not a huge fan of caps but the patterns are very in keeping with the vintage look.

Regards to all,

J

P.S. Thanks for sending the one along with the Flamingo. That is really a hoot. ;) :p

SHARPETOYS said:
Hey Jamespowers check your pm box. I got pictures of KD i need you to crop and post of our gal.

Your wish is my command:

KD5.jpg

The Bob Hope pose. :p

KD3.jpg

The Alvin Karpis "don't mess with me" pose. ;)

KD2.jpg

"Is that Sharpey over there?"

KD1.jpg

"Yes, I will take that nightcap now." :cheers1:

KD6.jpg

"Are you sure this is how Hepburn got started?" :)

How is that?

Regards to all,

J

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Karol aka. K.D. in her gorgeous new Caps!!

Wow! How did you do that JP ? The ones I sent you showed KD crying because of her Hatacholics latest attack. She looks like a movie star.

I think a cap/hat on a female just makes them look sooooo sexy. Did you see the picture of all of those guys following her to her car that day???? She looked like the Piped Piper of Caps.

That Red number on her is my Favorite!! Blush,blush. I picked it out for her. I know I'm suppose to help her but I saw that color and new it was for our Karol.

Much credit goes to our Master Capper Brett C. Stiles. He founded the famous B! Wear Cap Co.The Cap maker to so many famous people.

http://mariposa.yosemite.net/bwear/
He makes each cap 100% hand made by himself. No factory workers here. :)

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Roger and James -- Thank you for posting the photos. Those caps Brett makes are so cool! They and your comments make this old gal feel younger than springtime again.

I forgot to add a photo of myself wearing one backwards. Once in awhile I do that, but mostly I wear them in classic newsboy/poorboy style.

I was certain James was going to frame one photo in a True Crime Magazine frame that had the headline "Ma Barker On The Loose." Then, I could join Wildroot in the infamous gangland look. (I should have posed with a cigar in the "Don't mess with me" photo.)

Thanks, guys. I am enjoying my 15 minutes of fame. Wait until the folks in the office see these!

karol

K.D. Lightner said:
Roger and James -- Thank you for posting the photos. Those caps Brett makes are so cool! They and your comments make this old gal feel younger than springtime again.

I forgot to add a photo of myself wearing one backwards. Once in awhile I do that, but mostly I wear them in classic newsboy/poorboy style.

I was certain James was going to frame one photo in a True Crime Magazine frame that had the headline "Ma Barker On The Loose." Then, I could join Wildroot in the infamous gangland look. (I should have posed with a cigar in the "Don't mess with me" photo.)

I was actually thinking of using the Ma Barker moniker but that isn't very complimentary seeing how Ma Barker looked in some of those old pictures. :p True Crime would have been quite funny though. I could see the title now. "Tough Woman Beats up Man in Florida for Hat Money." :p
I couldn't find the photo of you wearing either the Viking helmet or the Flamingo hat. :p

Regards to all,

J

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Maybe I can go into Village Hat Shop, take my friend who has the camera, and put on the viking helmet. She can take photos of me in it. I could even bring my own spear unless I get stopped by security somewhere thinking I am a potential - uh - violent person.

Then, I can start singing. In the hat shop. Das Valkyries!!

Then, later, I can post on the Hataholics thread what it is like to spend time in jail because of my hataholism.

Sometimes you have to hit bottom before you are ready to change your behavior.

If I were younger and slimmer, I could turn one of the caps around and wear it beret-style, a-la Bonnie Parker. Or, yech, Monica Lewinsky style.

On second thought, I won't do that!

karol

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
jamespowers said:
Well, just bring the friend with the camera---no spear. :p You don't have to sing either---I won't be able to tell from the photo anyway. ;)
No Monica Hats please. :eek: :kick:

Regards to all,

J

JP,
When the next meeting?????????????????????????????????
I need some help!!!

Sharpey :cry:

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
Seeing really bad hats and caps must have the oposite effect on me. It just makes me want to find a really nice specimen and buy it. I have Two more caps on order from Brett as we speak ...or as I write.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe