Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Single & Ridiculously Good-Lookin' Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Senator Jack said:
There's a misconception that it takes the well-dressed man as longer or even longer to dress than a woman. Once his wardrobe is together, it should take him less time to dress than it does for him to shave.
Unfortunately I have known a few men who have taken longer than myself. I think it may have been all the gook they put in their hair. Then there are the men who were make up. Not eye liner rockers etc, but cover up and such(who are straight by the way). Yah, the people I know....:p

Jovan said:
Given I just screwed things over with not one, but two women whom I both had a genuine interest in... I'm pretty certain as to why I haven't dated in two years.

Similar situation here (except I've never dated period)--but never give up, never quit trying, never admit defeat, just refocus your efforts elsewhere and keep on tryin'; giving in to despair is when you have truly lost the fight. All you can do is keep seeking out opportunities, and when the time, place, and person are right, it'll work...

"We choose to do these things not because they are easy, but because they are hard."--John F. Kennedy

Kimberly

Practically Family
I have dated but don't like it. IMO it's too much hard work and I hate the awkwardness of the first couple of dates and I don't wish to deal with that on top of work, home, kids, etc. All of my attached friends can't understand why I enjoy being single. I tell them I am comfortable enough with myself that I actually like being alone.

That's not to say that I don't enjoy male company. I love men and find that I sometimes get along with them a lot more than women. The way I look at it, is if the right one comes along well than I would be happy but I could never go out and actively search for a mate (aka, singles bars, singles ads, etc.) I guess I am still a romantic dork and believe in fate and know that one of these days I will find the person I was meant to be with. Until then I enjoy my independence and being single. ;)

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Kimberly said:
I have dated but don't like it. IMO it's too much hard work and I hate the awkwardness of the first couple of dates and I don't wish to deal with that on top of work, home, kids, etc.

Oooh I hate dating too for the exact same reason! The first few dates are unbearably awkward. I've never been one to go on a lot of dates. Let's just right to the...relationship. I swear that's what I was gonna say the whole time. Dirty birds. ;)

Kimberly

Practically Family
Pink Dahlia said:
Oooh I hate dating too for the exact same reason! The first few dates are unbearably awkward. I've never been one to go on a lot of dates. Let's just right to the...relationship. I swear that's what I was gonna say the whole time. Dirty birds. ;)

LOL Pink!! lol

Pink Dahlia said:
I've never been one to go on a lot of dates. Let's just right to the...relationship.
What, and take all the challenge out of everything?

"Getting there is half the fun...":D

Says a guy who's never even had a first date, but who believes wooing a fair lady would probably be about the most satisfying challenge to confront as life has to offer...

Kimberly

Practically Family
Diamondback said:
What, and take all the challenge out of everything?

"Getting there is half the fun...":D

Says a guy who's never even had a first date, but who believes wooing a fair lady would probably be about the most satisfying challenge to confront as life has to offer...

That to me is half the fun too. I am not talking wooing with material things either. It can be a simple gesture such as opening the car door, picking me flowers, etc. I too like to woo and love to impress them with my cooking skills that go unapprecated here. :rolleyes:. The most fun part for me is dressing up for the date. I love to have an excuse to dress up. :D

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Kimberly said:
That to me is half the fun too. I am not talking wooing with material things either. It can be a simple gesture such as opening the car door, picking me flowers, etc. I too like to woo and love to impress them with my cooking skills that go unappreciated here. :rolleyes:. The most fun part for me is dressing up for the date. I love to have an excuse to dress up. :D

Yep! Where are the gentlemen? I dated a guy once who didn't pay for dinner nor the movie nor anything else for that matter. I'm surprised I didn't get smacked in the face with doors.

I don't think I've ever received flowers before a date. Does that kind of stuff actually happen? Where are these blokes?

I tell you what my boys are gonna be smart gentlemen who know how to treat a lady.

Pink Dahlia said:
Yep! Where are the gentlemen? I dated a guy once who didn't pay for dinner nor the movie nor anything else for that matter. I'm surprised I didn't get smacked in the face with doors.

I don't think I've ever received flowers before a date. Does that kind of stuff actually happen? Where are these blokes?

I tell you what my boys are gonna be smart gentlemen who know how to treat a lady.

And therein lies the problem for some of us. Deep down beneath the scales and the ice, there beats the heart of an incurable romantic--the problem is, it's an incurable romantic who has no idea how to be romantic within a practical budget.

Pipedream hot date for me would be just me and "Sweetie" pointing the nose of a Gulfstream bizjet out into a Pacific sunset, then after the sunset, putting the bird on autopilot, having a full kitchen back in the cabin, and me preparing a nice Italian dinner the right way, none of the prepackaged crap. Or the same with an Atlantic sunrise (launching from Virginia at northernmost, preferably Florida) and breakfast... Too bad the only way I can afford to even fly a little Cessna right now's in the simulator.:( :eusa_doh:

Zig2k143

Practically Family
Romance can happen even on the cheapest of budgets....

Some wild flowers.... a walk in the park.... a hug when needed..

All FREE

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Pink Dahlia said:

Hmm, I haven't recieved ....wait, I did go out with a guy that I made myself go out with twice, on the second date he brought me flowers. There was just nothing there, no personality, no spark, I almost had to check and make sure I didn't need to give him CPR, but I went out with him again to make sure it wasn't that akward first date stuff. ***shivers*** it was just all wrong.

But I firmly believe that if a guy makes the first move and asks me out, he should pay. I've been bold a few times and asked guys out and still have yet to pay the bill. I guess those guys are in Vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld