Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The OFFICIAL Big Hat Road Trip Thread

photobyalan

A-List Customer
All right, the Akubra Squatter donated by Aaron Hats is on its journey to wherever the winds of the Fedora Lounge may blow it.

If it's OK with everyone, please post no comments in this thread, just updates on the hat's journey (and photos) posted by the participants. Thanks!

We start with Aaron himself handing the hat to WeeGee at Aaron's shop in North Conway, NH.
Handoff.jpg

And here's a shot of WeeGee wearing the hat:

Legopic-2.jpg

photobyalan

A-List Customer
I got the hat this morning from WeeGee in the rain in Kingston, NY.

_mg_8331.jpg

We had a nice breakfast at Deising's (good coffee, BTW). WeeGee brought his "avatar" with him, if you think she's adorable in the photo, you should meet her in person!

Next stop: Not-Bogart13

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Proof of the Poconos

Here's me, in the notorious hat, at the Pocono Raceway. I thought the B&W might appeal to many here. Wish the shot could have been better. If you click "return to album" you'll see several shots, including color versions.
NB

detail

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Handoff in Danville, PA

June 11, 2006
In record time, Not-Bogart13 passes the hat to Kim Steiner in the beautiful mid-day sun of Danville Pennsylvania. In the Pic, the hat's in the middle! lol
Seriously, Kim is on the left wearing a very nice Stetson 100, and I am on the right in my light blue Open Road.
And the Hat goes on...
NB
Here's the link;
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/michaelgarcia13/detail?.dir=854cre2&.dnm=ddbbre2.jpg

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
And now to me...

Yesterday brought a 1 hour drive to a new Harley Davidson dealership where I met Kim Steiner and his lovely wife for the Big Hat Handoff. They're truly grand folks and it was a real pleasure! They quickly got back underway (bet they bought a Liberty HD T Shirt first) as they are headed west across the USA. I was envious!

Now I get to play for awhile. :rolleyes:

It really was "strapped to the back" of his Harley! (and safely so)
handoff3.jpg

handoff1.jpg

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Back on The Road!

Major Nick Danger and Scotrace met at the US Wings store in Ohio and Nick Danger now has The Traveling Hat!

hatpass1.jpg
hatpass2.jpg

And some of his jacket painting work - it is Fantastic to see!

hatpass3.jpg

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Zemke, Barry, and... Tammy?!

Zemke (R) and Barry (L) after drinks and good conversation!

GTH.jpg

And, just like the QM we had our VERY OWN TAMMY, who insisted on getting in the photo!

bft.jpg

Barry

Practically Family
Wow, my tie was way out of control that night.

I think that lady was Tammy's cousin. She just jumped in the photo and put her chin my shoulder..[huh]

Barry

Spats McGee

One Too Many
I'm not entirely sure who has it right now, but I think it's the same hat that was last seen outside Mike Moore's shop in Tennessee. Check out the thread called "Travellinghat!!!" which is stickied in this forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conley