Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Non Shorpy Web All Stars.

RBH

Bartender
Its Fair time!!!

From 1936-37 photos from the Tri-County Fair in Wishek, North Dakota.NDSU Archives.
1936-37p54.jpg

1936-37- Judging Team and Agent return from District 4-H Judging Contest / Fargo Fair. Fargo North Dakota.NDSU Archives.
1936-37p44.jpg

1936- McIntosh County, North Dakota, Agricultural Conservation Association “supervisors”.NDSU Archives.
1936p11B.jpg

1936p11A.jpg

Fair day, Morrisville, Vermont, 1936
Carl+Mydans+-+Fair+day%252C+Morrisville%252C+Vermont%252C+1936.jpg

Fair talk, Albany, Vermont, 1936
Carl+Mydans+-+Fair+talk%252C+Albany%252C+Vermont%252C+1936.jpg

All great photos! I have to wonder if my father knew any of the folks in the ones from VT fairs. That was his youth era, and both neighboring towns. One of my best friends growing up came from Albany, Vt. That Town is so small that his aunt had a part time job working for the phone company, humming the dial tone. That's a small town...

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up

(cut and paste)
In July of 1936, Arthur Rothstein took this photograph near Missoula, Montana. He included the following:

"Vernon Evans (with his family) of Lemmon, South Dakota. Leaving grasshopper-ridden and drought-stricken area for a new start in Oregon or Washington. Expects to arrive at Yakima in time for hop picking. Live in tent. Makes about two hundred miles a day in Model T Ford."

Terrific photos. The young guy on his way to Oregon could be Art F., on his way to his first hat shop... or not. He drove a Morgan.

Charlie, I'm sure that was WAAAAY before Art's time.:eeek:

Interesting, how the 2 standing cowboys have what we consider normal cowboy hats with wide brims. The
2 seated look more like "city" hats.

tommyK

One Too Many
Its Fair time!!!

1936- McIntosh County, North Dakota, Agricultural Conservation Association “supervisors”.NDSU Archives.
1936p11B.jpg

I really wish this pants/boots combo would come back into style and be available to buy locally. I've seen them available online somewhere. It would be great for motorcycle riding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrichards1007