Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Non Shorpy Web All Stars.

Fitz with a honey.

fitzcarraldo.jpg

g.durand

One Too Many
So many things conjured up in this post...your caption evoking the Kennedys, our friend Klaus, Mr. Herzog, futility, delirium, and considering the location, the thought that the properties director must have had some good choices for the hat.

frussell

One Too Many
Thanks for that great video link Joao. Had to watch it a few times to make sure I didn't see my grandpa, as he was bronc riding on the rodeo circuit in those days. Frank

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes, I was thinking that some of the older guys would have been around in the good old days. There can't be a lot of footage that's survived.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
So many things conjured up in this post...your caption evoking the Kennedys, our friend Klaus, Mr. Herzog, futility, delirium, and considering the location, the thought that the properties director must have had some good choices for the hat.

That's a film that has stayed in my mind over the years as a kind of definitive image of, as you describe it, futility and delirium. Everything about it is extraordinary. In the documentary of the making of it, there's a scene where the Indians, who were helping, come to Herzog and politely offer to do away with Mr. Kinski, who they thought was obviously insane.

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Conductor James Johnson and brakeman Jack Torbet have lunch in the caboose on the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad outside of Canadian, Texas, 1939. Photo by Jack Delano.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82