Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Green Machine

Hückel Foulard

Thought I post this one. Early 40s Hückel Foulard with beautiful green heather felt.

3883706693_903fb7abfd_b.jpg

3884498224_f0872e35fd_b.jpg

Scott Wood

Practically Family
New VS Goodfellow

Lousy weather today so the pic is just a quick shot to get posted.
100_0378.jpg

I went out to do chores, went to the store and waited for the post to be sorted, brought it home and opened everything else, made fresh coffee, scrubbed hands and stared at it for 5 mins lol
When I opened it I just popped it on my head and out the door for the photo so excuse the scruffy-me and more pics to come in the days to follow :D

theinterchange

One Too Many
Junk Store Find Mallory

I just saw this thread pop to the surface and figured I'd add a shot of my recent find.

4408094648_49bee5d54e.jpg

Honestly, I never thought I'd want a green hat till I saw this one hanging in a junk shop. I'm particularly fond of how the tone on tone ribbon and binding set off the felt. It'll become my new beater

Randy

Lexybeast

A-List Customer
Green hats! I posted this in the Optimo thread, but it fits here too- forest green felt with black olive ribbon.

803746409_LKuxv-XL.jpg

804534933_hFEfV-L.jpg

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
Dinerman said:
Green Gordon

IMG_1796.jpg

IMG_1797.jpg

IMG_1798.jpg

IMG_1801.jpg

So you own that one Dinerman? I thought that it was one of those saved auction photos. And the hat is green? I have looked at the pics of this hat often and would trade my C&K 40 for it. Any chance of getting dimensions? :)

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
Marc Chevalier said:
Me too. They're one of the most unique --but good-looking-- 'dress hat' styles of the 20th century. I often get compliments for my one and only hybrid, a grey Stetson.

I just get weird looks with mine but I love 'em just the same. They are great hats.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
M_Jones said:
So you own that one Dinerman? I thought that it was one of those saved auction photos. And the hat is green? I have looked at the pics of this hat often and would trade my C&K 40 for it. Any chance of getting dimensions? :)

Yup- That's one of mine. It's forest green with a brown/purple ribbon. A few moth bites- you can see them in the photos, but in remarkable condition for its age.

I'm at school in Halifax, the hat's back home in Maryland, so I won't be able to get you any info on it until June. If you'd still be interested in it then, I'd love to talk.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
M_Jones said:
I just get weird looks with mine but I love 'em just the same. They are great hats.

You have one of the best - I got more second glances wearing that hat than any, but it was so much fun that I didn't care.

What I'm finding with others from that period - even though the brim might snap down more naturally than your grey one, most have a bend along the sides (like western hats) that makes them look great with the front dipped rather than snapped.

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
Dinerman said:
Yup- That's one of mine. It's forest green with a brown/purple ribbon. A few moth bites- you can see them in the photos, but in remarkable condition for its age.

I'm at school in Halifax, the hat's back home in Maryland, so I won't be able to get you any info on it until June. If you'd still be interested in it then, I'd love to talk.

Most definitely, it is one of my favorite hats on the lounge. The more I can learn of it, the better. lol :)

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
ScottF said:
You have one of the best - I got more second glances wearing that hat than any, but it was so much fun that I didn't care.

What I'm finding with others from that period - even though the brim might snap down more naturally than your grey one, most have a bend along the sides (like western hats) that makes them look great with the front dipped rather than snapped.

Yeah Scott, it is great and I thank you again for the offer. I now have four and can't get enough of them. A black one I have has the dipped effect that you are referring to and I love it, I only wish the crown was a bit taller.

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
Scott Wood said:
Lousy weather today so the pic is just a quick shot to get posted.
100_0378.jpg

I went out to do chores, went to the store and waited for the post to be sorted, brought it home and opened everything else, made fresh coffee, scrubbed hands and stared at it for 5 mins lol
When I opened it I just popped it on my head and out the door for the photo so excuse the scruffy-me and more pics to come in the days to follow :D

And to get this back on topic, I must say sir, that that hat is one of the finest I have seen leave Art's hands. It is a great looking hat and you wear it well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust