Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Great Mouse Detective

Dapper Dan

One of the Regulars
Exactly. It also delt with very un-cartoon themes, like growing older and facing your own mortality. The first time I saw it, I was very depressed watching Mr. Incredible go from, well, Mr. Incredible to being very... Craig T. Nelson.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
lol the 'incredibles' did a great job of depicting the awful truth of getting older!
the only negative thing I have to say about todays toon movies is that they're audience targets the kids, but while you're thinking that a good time at the movies will be good, out pops adult content:eusa_doh: . Sure they make a lot of it subtle, but, kids get a lot more than people realize. I enjoy a movie just as much, if not more (since I don't feel guilty taking them to the show!) if the movie was absolutely made for the kids only...no adult innuendos..just plain kid fun.
Another one I thought was hilarious was 'hoodwinked'...I'm a sucker for spoofs:)

Lancealot

Practically Family
mysterygal said:
lol the 'incredibles' did a great job of depicting the awful truth of getting older!
the only negative thing I have to say about todays toon movies is that they're audience targets the kids, but while you're thinking that a good time at the movies will be good, out pops adult content:eusa_doh: . Sure they make a lot of it subtle, but, kids get a lot more than people realize. I enjoy a movie just as much, if not more (since I don't feel guilty taking them to the show!) if the movie was absolutely made for the kids only...no adult innuendos..just plain kid fun.
Another one I thought was hilarious was 'hoodwinked'...I'm a sucker for spoofs:)

I haven't got to see that yet but I did see "Over The Hedge" and enjoyed it nothing too adult just cute and funny.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
mysterygal said:
Even though it is incredible what they can do with computer animation, I do love the 'old' way of making cartoons.

villians; the other one that I absolutely love is the lady in 'sleeping beauty'...she has such a sarcastic sense of humor...it's great:p

*smiles all big*

Im glad the general public still likes 2D animation. 3D was really thrust upon us and now its reached a point of, its not how well they move (which is the point of animation) its how REAL they look. *sigh*

Enough of my rant.

As far as the evil witch in Sleeping Beauty, she is great. Villeins have kind of dies out as dimensional characters in the last 20 years (with the exception of Ursula, she was fabulous!)

LD

Lancealot

Practically Family
Lady Day said:
*smiles all big*

Im glad the general public still likes 2D animation. 3D was really thrust upon us and now its reached a point of, its not how well they move (which is the point of animation) its how REAL they look. *sigh*

Enough of my rant.

As far as the evil witch in Sleeping Beauty, she is great. Villeins have kind of dies out as dimensional characters in the last 20 years (with the exception of Ursula, she was fabulous!)

LD

I thought the fairy godmother in shrek 2 was done rather well.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Lancealot said:
I haven't got to see that yet but I did see "Over The Edge" and enjoyed it nothing too adult just cute and funny.
Do you mean, 'over the hedge'? I just bought this one last week...love it! There was nothing bad for kids except for the lady who was the nieghborhood-whatever you can them, beating up the policemen...that I had to say, 'ah, kids...you know you're not supposed to do that, right?':p But I had to admit I laughed pretty darn hard when she was throwing those wrestling moves on them! and the squirrel...how cute!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust