Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The general decline in standards today

Status
Not open for further replies.
what a great example in the decline of standards thread.

A guy who gets made fun of because he's old and crippled and then gets punched the stomach by another man over something we're not quite sure about.

So the advice from the people complaining about nobody having any standards and decency anymore are:
to turn in the guy, who is pointed out is Hispanic and get him fired.
Another suggests that since he's Hispanic he's obviously here illegally and should be checkout and deported.
Another is sue the company for all it's got...

All very decent things to do. Shining examples...

And the old crippled guy's response is, let it go. The guy's got a family and wife and kids and he'd hate to have him lose his job.

Now THAT guy should be on this thread, as he's the only one I've seen that actually has standards and decency.

Now back to the fun.

Well it's a good thing that we have you here to point out our indecencies and steer us all in the right direction...:photo:

Jesus punched him because a mistake he made was point out to him by Fred who said "I told you not to do that"

I think he does deserve to be turned in, as what he did was against the rules. If Fred had punched him, I would have turned Fred in, it's not right.
He was, in fact illegal, his wife was fired from where we work for that very reason. They are allowed to stay now, due to his wife's failing health.
I don't think it's the company's fault though, there's good and bad people everywhere and there's no way to know for sure someone's going to hit someone else.

Freddy is a good man, and I respect his decision whole-heartedly. I do feel that Jesus should be moved to a different line. I won't go into detail but he pulled a big 'stunt' to get onto the line with Fred, because of the higher availability of overtime.
what a great example in the decline of standards thread.

A guy who gets made fun of because he's old and crippled and then gets punched the stomach by another man over something we're not quite sure about.

So the advice from the people complaining about nobody having any standards and decency anymore are:
Another suggests that since he's Hispanic he's obviously here illegally and should be checkout and deported.
Another is sue the company for all it's got...

All very decent things to do. Shining examples...

And the old crippled guy's response is, let it go. The guy's got a family and wife and kids and he'd hate to have him lose his job.

Now THAT guy should be on this thread, as he's the only one I've seen that actually has standards and decency.

Now back to the fun.

scooter

Practically Family
So Poohbang, thanks for setting us all straight. Here's a little secret for you, if management at this company has been made aware that Jesus struck Fred and did NOTHING, I have no pity for them. They probably don't deserve to be in business as it is, allowing an older gentleman with an infirmity to be harassed and bullied. As for Fred, the one thing I agree with in your assessment, is that he is a prince of a man.

So let's be clear here lest there is any doubt, the management at this company is poor and deserves no break whatsoever. Jesus is a scammer and a bully with little or no impulse control and probably deserves to lose his job, if not get his a$$ kicked. Tom is a good guy who is trying to look out for his friend. And you, my friend, well, you need to get a grip and understand the realities of being a grownup in this world. There is right and wrong, and sometimes you gotta choose to do, and be, one or the other.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I may be mistaken but I think that rue has some involvement in the decline....to what extent...[huh]

Seriously, she's involved in everything......

I may be mistaken but I think that rue has some involvement in the decline....to what extent...[huh]

Seriously, she's involved in everything......

Gotcha!

emoticon-cartoon-013.gif
emoticon-cartoon-022.gif

rue

So Poohbang, thanks for setting us all straight. Here's a little secret for you, if management at this company has been made aware that Jesus struck Fred and did NOTHING, I have no pity for them. They probably don't deserve to be in business as it is, allowing an older gentleman with an infirmity to be harassed and bullied. As for Fred, the one thing I agree with in your assessment, is that he is a prince of a man.

So let's be clear here lest there is any doubt, the management at this company is poor and deserves no break whatsoever. Jesus is a scammer and a bully with little or no impulse control and probably deserves to lose his job, if not get his a$$ kicked. Tom is a good guy who is trying to look out for his friend. And you, my friend, well, you need to get a grip and understand the realities of being a grownup in this world. There is right and wrong, and sometimes you gotta choose to do, and be, one or the other.

Thank you.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab

Typical.

Working in a country where you are not a citizen and being paid under the table is a scam. Everyone else has to work and pay income tax, but its okay for this man, because he's a "minority." As soon as someone suggests that this should be reported, someone else will pull the minority card. So we all have to turn our heads and let the minority get away with murder - Or in this case, assaulting a co-worker - because it would be racist if we said something.

A black youth gets pulled over for a busted taillight: Racial profiling. An Aboriginal man gets arrested for parading the streets drunk: Infringement of fundamental rights. A Sikh man won't wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle: Religious persecution. These are laws that everyone has to abide by for the safety of themselves and others. Ethnicity has nothing to do with it.

In Tom's case, that man should be fired and taken to the police, no question - And if he were any other American man, he would be.

Last edited:

Dennis Young

A-List Customer
People also don't respect their elders. I work with a guy in my department. He was in a serious accident and it left him hard of hearing and with a bit of a speech impediment and everyone thinks it's okay to demean him. He's 55 years old and the oldest guy up where I work (most of us are in our 20's, but he's still hanging on) and it just drives me crazy that they're so rotten to him. I told my boss yesterday I want one of my other co-workers fired. He screwed up and Fred, the man I was talking about, told him he can't do that, so the other fella punched him in the stomach.
Oh man... not only should he be fired, he should be in jail.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender

Are you seriously suggesting that those of us who are assaulted should have no recourse in the work place? That we should just take it? That everyone who witnessed an assault should be afraid that they are going to be next? That companies shouldn't care if their employees are kicking, biting, stabbing, or shooting each other? They have absolutely no responsibility to try to ensure their employees' safety?

At the least, the assaulter needs to have some time off work and be moved to a different position. I am assuming that there is some sort of policy regarding violence in the workplace- or they need to make one ASAP. The attacker might have a personal issue- drugs, alcohol, mental illness, or anger issues- something that they can be helped with by management through a program. Irregardless, everybody deserves a safe workplace, and if the attacker can't stop physically hurting or threatening employees or this isn't the first time, he needs to be fired.

The victim has a family to feed too. And if the victim can't go into work because s/he is dead, disabled, or fearful to go into work because of being physically attacked, they can't feed their family. Everyone has a right to not have life and limb threatened by coworkers. It's not even up to Fred what happens. In our society, it is not up to the victims to decide the punishment for their attackers. If violence is reported in the workplace, it should be dealt with. If something else happens to someone else in that company, or to Fred, or someone else is attacked by Jesus, this incident could be brought up in criminal court as the company having a history of refusing to protect it's employees. It is going to be much worse for the company then. Let alone the consequences of a civil lawsuit that the company is probably going to lose.

If this assaulter goes on to assault anyone else, it might not just be a punch in the gut. If somebody dies from an assault, does the company have any responsibility then?

Last edited:

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
this is so entertaining. Because now you're all showing what you're really talking about....

In response to this, and all the other posts relating to my point, it ain't racism, per se. There are people of every color, income level, age, etc who live by the 'my sh*t don't stink' mentality. You see it every day in both the richest and poorest neighborhoods in countless small ways. Although it is easy to do, playing the race card here is as bad as when it happens in every day society.

....No..I think that since he was discribed as Hispanic..then he surely must be the true victim. Not only concerning the incident in the workplace...but also among the intolerant posting on this thread. This takes precedence over any attempts at common sense by others. A mindset not so uncommon today at all.

I'll readily admit that Fred is a better man than I am because if I was assaulted by someone, I know that I wouldn't be quite as charitable toward my assailant as Fred.

Last edited:

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
....No..I think that since he was discribed as Hispanic..then he surely must be the true victim.

Because he is Hispanic, he is allowed to assault people? He is persecuted and misunderstood, so everyone should feel sorry for this violent individual, right?

In this day and age, and even before, people of all ethnicities have risen above their backgrounds and achieved things. Nobody told this guy to become an illegal migrant worker and punch an old man. That is wrong and he should be punished. I don't care if you're a poor Hispanic or a rich Swede, you can't hit people.

This is a classic example of pulling the minority card - You mustn't say anything, because that would be "intolerant." This kind of thinking is not an advancement from real racial prejudice, in fact it's just as backward. Once again, we haven't moved forward, we've moved sideways.

Last edited:
Because he is Hispanic, he is allowed to assault people? He is persecuted and misunderstood, so everyone should feel sorry for this violent individual, right?

In this day and age, and even before, people of all ethnicities have risen above their backgrounds and achieved things. Nobody told this guy to become an illegal migrant worker and punch an old man. That is wrong and he should be punished. I don't care if you're a poor Hispanic or a rich Swede, you can't hit people.

This is a classic example of pulling the minority card - You mustn't say anything, because that would be "intolerant." This kind of thinking is not an advancement from real racial prejudice, in fact it's just as backward. Once again, we haven't moved forward, we've moved sideways.

Exactly...:eusa_clap

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
It's certainly still debatable whether any true snuff material exists. Cruelty to animals videos does exist - I am aware of a number of examples being prosecuted under various animal cruelty and obscenity laws. Actual human deaths, well.... as traditionally conceived, a snuff film is where a human being is actually killed for the purposes of making the film, and that alone. To date there have been no reports in our legal system of any such thing - nothing reported in the US either. Of course we do have film of things such as the execution of Saddam Hussein, and plenty of sick people queuing up to watch and enjoy that; there are also the execution videos that have been made available online by various terrorist groupings, such as those who killed Daniel Pearl. To suggest that these are evidence of a decline in social standards is mistaken, in my opinion, as they are merely records of man's inhumanity to man - and we have had that with us since we climbed down from the trees, so to speak.

Well, that is good news. The thought of seeing someone actually being killed, or being anywhere near someone who would get pleasure out of seeing something like that makes me ill.

The animal cruelty stuff is unspeakably vile, and the people who take pleasure in it are beyond any possible pale of tolerance. And if it's "part of their culture," their culture is as sick as they are.

So well said. The "fullest extent of the law" to which prosecution can be carried is nowhere near full enough when it comes to sub-humans like that. Bullfighting, cock fighting, dog fighting are not "culture"; it's cruelty and a lack of respect for life.

Exactly...:eusa_clap

:eusa_clap +1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe