Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Disney Diner

CRH

Call Me a Cab
rlk said:
...Needs reflanging as the brim is flattened and there's lots of dust. A genuinely long oval. I don't know the origin of "Finnegan Twist"[/QUOTE]

I had a feeling there was something wrong with it. :rolleyes:

The [I]"Finnegan Twist"[/I]? Drink two gallons of Ale and don't call me in the morning lol .

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Paul Rand Ad mid-1940's

disneyhats13.jpg

disneyhats03.jpg

disneyhats16.jpg

disneyhats02.jpg

disneyhats08.jpg

Spats

New in Town
Antique store find

My new (old) Disney. 7 3/8, like new, black. Origianlly sold in Koblentz Men's Store, Chattanooga, Tennessee (long gone). Man, I love it.

picture.php

picture.php

billysmom

One Too Many
Spats said:
My new (old) Disney. 7 3/8, like new, black. Origianlly sold in Koblentz Men's Store, Chattanooga, Tennessee (long gone). Man, I love it.

picture.php

picture.php

Spats - That's GORGEOUS!!!!!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Sue

Midwest Boater

One of the Regulars
Spats what a nice avatar you have there.
i don't have a Disney yet i was just looking at all these hats and dreaming, i think RLKs blue is my fave ild like to see your whole collection you find some really wild hats.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
This Disney recently arrived. The auction described the hat as gray, with a black ribbon, and the flash photos seemed to bear this out. When I opened the box, however, I just about fell over as I discovered that, in fact, the felt was actually a light blue/gray, with a navy ribbon. This one has an underwelt, which creates a kind of faux Cav Edge on top. I think it's a neat look. This lid really does bear a strong similarity to a Dobbs 20, but with an underwelt instead of a Guild Edge. The felt is thick -- very, very similar to the thickness of a Dobbs 20 -- and has a great feel. I have never been able to find a Disney in my size, and I am truly excited about this one. I took the photos without flash, as this is really the only way to try to convey the color accurately...

Disney-OC.jpg

Disney-3.jpg

DisneyLiner-1.jpg

DisneyLiner-2.jpg

DisneySticker-2.jpg

DisneySticker.jpg

DisneySweat-1.jpg

DisneySweat-2.jpg

Disney-2.jpg

Disney-1.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

cookie

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
This Disney recently arrived. The auction described the hat as gray, with a black ribbon, and the flash photos seemed to bear this out. When I opened the box, however, I just about fell over as I discovered that, in fact, the felt was actually a light blue/gray, with a navy ribbon. This one has an underwelt, which creates a kind of faux Cav Edge on top. I think it's a neat look. This lid really does bear a strong similarity to a Dobbs 20, but with an underwelt instead of a Guild Edge. The felt is thick -- very, very similar to the thickness of a Dobbs 20 -- and has a great feel. I have never been able to find a Disney in my size, and I am truly excited about this one. I took the photos without flash, as this is really the only way to try to convey the color accurately...

Disney-OC.jpg

Disney-3.jpg

DisneyLiner-1.jpg

DisneyLiner-2.jpg

DisneySticker-2.jpg

DisneySticker.jpg

DisneySweat-1.jpg

DisneySweat-2.jpg

Disney-2.jpg

Disney-1.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

Jimmy that hat looks NOS right?

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jimmy the lid said:

Disney-3.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

Jimmy, that blue-grey is one of the nicest felt colors I have seen. It is really impressive and the ribbon is great with it. :eusa_clap

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Paladin said:
Jimmy, that blue-grey is one of the nicest felt colors I have seen. It is really impressive and the ribbon is great with it. :eusa_clap

Thanks, Mr. P. I'm with you on that -- it is a beautiful color, and the navy ribbon really sets it off nicely. Incidentally, at 2 7/8", that is the widest brim I have on any of my "wide-ribbons."

cookie said:
Jimmy that hat looks NOS right?

I'm not sure it is technically NOS, Cookie. The top portion of the larger sticker was still attached when I received the hat, which leans in favor of NOS. But the liner is taped in, which I can't imagine as a factory state of affairs. That being said, the hat popped back out into pretty much a pure open crown, with no residual signs of a crease. Either way, it's in excellent condition. ;)

Cheers,
JtL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld