Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Diamond Authority

RBH

Bartender
thunderw21 said:
Stetson Open Road
StetsonOpenRoad.jpg

:eusa_clap That Open Road looks great!:eusa_clap

kiltie

Practically Family
AB

I agree with RBH, airforceindy - Your AB does NOT suck, and nevermind the fact you have an AB while pretty much anybody else who would like to have one is outta luck till, like, 2015 or there abouts -AND they'll cost about eleventy-billion dollars after IJ4 :eek:

K

Kaosharper1

Federation Diamond

I did this bash to my Federation because I had an Adventurer with a Raiders bash, so I wanted a Bogie style hat in grey. Does this count?

K

Kaosharper1

RBH said:
I'll say... Welcome to the AUTHORITY !

That Federation looks great, Is that the 1st diamond you have?

Thanks! Yes. I only have three hats right now and thats the only one with a diamond.

kiltie

Practically Family
federation

Really nice...'nuther reason to get a federation, I suppose - thank you all for driving me directly to the poor house! :(

citRon

A-List Customer
I placed my 'The Federation' order two days ago...{que sound of cash register}

:eek:fftopic: hey Kiltie- why don't you post that picture of Magnum over at COW and get them started on obsessing over what hat and its' specs HE wore for that episode! -uh...unless they already have!

alphy27

One of the Regulars
Conversion

Gentlemen,
In an attempt to try my first conversion I purchased a Resistol open crown cowboy hat from a delightful and very reasonable fellow on Ebay. It's a six X beaver of very nice quality. I believe it's a manufacturing second, slightly irregular. The only thing I could find "irregular" was a small kink in the leather sweatband and the lining was a little off skew. I'm very happy with the way it turned out. The process follows with pictures:
resistal1.jpg

Hat fresh out of the box,
resistal2.jpg

Trimmed brim down to 2 3/4",
resistal3.jpg

Added my own two inch band (made with vintage millinery ribbon), dunked in cold water to help reduce stiffness and facilitate wet forming,
resistal4.jpg

Three days of drying later, replaced and hot glued the lining in (straight this time) and it's complete,
resistal5.jpg

Really nice high crown, exactly as I wanted,
resistal6.jpg

Diamond crown of course,
resistal9.jpg

resistal8.jpg

resistal10.jpg

Comments are greatly welcome.

alphy27

One of the Regulars
Ande1964 said:
Nice work, Alphy!

Do you know how tall the crown was before you got started?

Anj

Thanks Anj. It measured a whopping 6 1/2". It's now 4 3/4" at the front 4 1/4" at the back and 5" at the center.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
alphy27 said:
Gentlemen,
In an attempt to try my first conversion I purchased a Resistol open crown cowboy hat from a delightful and very reasonable fellow on Ebay. It's a six X beaver of very nice quality. I believe it's a manufacturing second, slightly irregular. The only thing I could find "irregular" was a small kink in the leather sweatband and the lining was a little off skew. I'm very happy with the way it turned out. The process follows with pictures:
Comments are greatly welcome.

Wow, Alphy. I think that thing is a masterpiece. Great job on it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally