Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

seabass

Call Me a Cab
FFF, great pix ! Love them & the caps

GEF, gun club cap looks fantastic as well as your attire.

DH66, that is a very cool avatar of a Zooted Wolf.

Thanks guys.
Looks like you've got your own little zooted wolf going on there too, Seabass.
Maybe you guys remember those old cartoons by Tex Avery with the wolf chasing the pretty girl. Tex also made droopy dog and some tom & jerry cartoons. I used to see 'em on Saturday mornings when I was a kid. Seems like these days there's cartoons on 24-7, nothing special about Sat. mornings for my kids.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
My kids have got those Tex Avery reels on DVD... Recognized him instantly! Like the B-Wear on you, dh, it really sings with your specs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pinesiw

A-List Customer
New Cordova cap to go perfectly with my style :)
20130922_151854-1.jpg

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Nice, Pinesiw - that's a beauty! A new Cordova is a thing to celebrate. Enjoy it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Picked up from the Post Office today, my first Cordova Cap (another was lurking deeper in the same box :) )

smugshot_4340959-L.jpg

Jonathan's workmanship is just fantastic.

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
DJH, that looks utterly brilliant on you! Great to see it in that fabric. My favorite cap design. My wife is treating me to one for my 50th birthday in a few months!

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Always nice to be able to pinpoint the age of a cap. Rolled inside the sweat of this beauty was this March 1925 farmer's paper, pinning the date and (less certainly) the Detroit lineage. It was so filthy it may need a second clean, especially around the visor edge and body front. This cap has the most supple and soft leather sweatband I've ever felt - like calfskin. This one didn't come cheap but it was really worth it. I think it's my oldest cap and may see me through the less brutal part of the summer thanks to the absence of a liner and light weight of the wool.

IMG_0830.jpg IMG_0831.jpg IMG_0832.jpg IMG_0833.jpg IMG_0834.jpg IMG_0835.jpg IMG_0836.jpg IMG_0829.jpg 1925-liner.jpg

Very nice. Looks pretty solid, given the age, and the color will make for a nice summer lid. Congrats on the find

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82