Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
They haven't caused any issue with the Malrov cap that I wear all the time in the winter. You could always take the cap to a tailor and have them take in the the rear of the cap a little to fit better.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Speaking of worsted wool I found these Donegal tweed fabrics online. I have sent them on to Johnny. I like several of these for caps.:)
John MolloyDonegal Tweed

6919_4.jpg
6914_5.jpg

6911_3.jpg
6918_7.jpg

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Speaking of worsted wool I found these Donegal tweed fabrics online. I have sent them on to Johnny. I like several of these for caps.:)
John MolloyDonegal Tweed

Great info, Ed, thanks for sharing!

Does anyone know if we have a thread over at the General Attire section that covers lists of online sources for cloth? Odd place to ask, I guess, but still...wouldn't know where else to put it.

If not, I think I'll start one soon.

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Great info, Ed, thanks for sharing!

Does anyone know if we have a thread over at the General Attire section that covers lists of online sources for cloth? Odd place to ask, I guess, but still...wouldn't know where else to put it.

If not, I think I'll start one soon.

Great idea! I can see how that would be very useful to many of us.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
John MolloyDonegal Tweed

Now that's funny. Yesterday I posted a link to that website along with a few JM swatches I scanned in.
The John Molloy fabrics I have are on the light/medium side (12.4, 13.7 and 14 oz/yard). You can't beat that price.

Swatches20-20John20Molloy20-20Small.jpg

Last edited:

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
Now that's funny. Yesterday I posted a link to that website along with a few JM swatches I scanned in.
The John Molloy fabrics I have are on the light/medium side (12.4, 13.7 and 14 oz/yard). You can't beat that price.

Swatches20-20John20Molloy20-20Small.jpg

Wow, Mario! These are nice. I love the first one, top row.

Lord Brett

New in Town
Some time ago I finally found the hat that suited me - a black knitted Bretton Fisherman's Cap. It's finally starting to show its age and I've ordered a couple more online in the same basic style, though it's always a shot in the dark buying a hat you haven't tried on.

hat1.jpg

hat2.jpg

The second hat cost over three times more than the first, so it'll be interesting to see which I prefer.

I'll send pictures through of me wearing hats old and new when they arrive, but in the meantime I was admiring John Lennon's hat in this picture:

lennonHat.jpg

I'm not sure if it's a look I could pull off, but was wondering if anyone could identify what sort of hat it is.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
John Lennon's cap is an extra full cut cap. Which means there is a lot of drape of the fabric. Hat people make a extra full cut cap. I have one an you have realize that you will have people looking at you when you wear it. As it is a dramatic look.

You can just see in the picture of the second fishermans that it is way better made than the first.

Lord Brett

New in Town
Agreed - the idea was to have one for 'best' and one for everyday activities such as walking the dog in the woods (that's not a euphamism - we have an actual, and very large, white german shepherd).

Last edited:

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
Agreed - the idea was to have one for 'best' and one for everyday activities such as walking the dog in the woods (that's not a euphamism - we have an actal, and very large, white german shepherd).

Good idea, provided you can stop after two. ;) Most of us can´t... That said, I am off to the customs office tommorow, picking up a delivery from the US of A..... :D

seabass

Call Me a Cab
:cool: Yup I'll get My Package soon enough too !
better that i am #4 in the Cue & worth the Wait i bet !!!
Dont Rush it J J. Like Fine wine Take's some time.........:cool:

Hepville

One of the Regulars
After some weeks of busy working now I´ve took the time and read about 20 pages here ... and tadaa... we have a new cap maker.
Great stuff Johnny J.! Congrats to your fine caps, very well done and you do a good line management!!!
I need to have one of your caps for myself! What do you think about a little swap... you make me one/ I´ll make you one? :D

I guess I need to have some of those Donegal Tweeds for my caps, too...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82