Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Borso Popeye

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
I recently traded a Borso for Borso with Carter. He parted with a San Remo, a lovely hat. When I got it though, there were a couple of problems - the crown too high, too much taper, too little brim. So, I pondered it for a bit, then, while watching one of my favorite movies, it came to me - A Borsalino Popeye Doyle!

First, the original -
FrenchPopeye2.jpg

Now, my work -
IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

And, finally, me.
IMG_0418.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
Dude, that is COOL! I woulda' tried that myself but it looks better on YOU! Nice job. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
a>

Here's my Popeye Doyle rendition!:D Compliments of IC and the lovely Dee...IC gave me his Jaxon Monk! What a great hat!:eusa_clap Dee and IC...yer the best!

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
This thread is giving me a dangerous idea that might lead to another box arriving at my doorstep. A box addressed from a certain Northwest hatter...(insert smilie with beads of cold sweat flying off his head).

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Colby Jack said:
a>

Here's my Popeye Doyle rendition!:D Compliments of IC and the lovely Dee...IC gave me his Jaxon Monk! What a great hat!:eusa_clap Dee and IC...yer the best!
Lookin good!!:eusa_clap What hat is that in yer avatar? That's a nice one too!

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Sefton said:
This thread is giving me a dangerous idea that might lead to another box arriving at my doorstep. A box addressed from a certain Northwest hatter...(insert smilie with beads of cold sweat flying off his head).
THAT would be an amazing hat!

Sorry about gettin' the wheels turnin'.

Pictures?!?! (at this point, until you have 15 posts, you'll need to post to a photo host, such as Photobucket. Then link to the Lounge per the instructions here. Looking forward to seeing your lid! Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe