Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

Thanks, Daniele. I was just discussing with @Steve1857 that we should have sent a camera crew with you and Steve to document your adventures. I hope we'll be hearing about it here on the lounge soon. Part of the decision to keep the black hat was indeed the qualitá speciale designation.
"Condor" is indeed a new colour for me. I actually have a hat in "Marocco" colour; it's posted in this thread somewhere. More new Borsalino model names and colours pop up today here on the lounge. The Canadian hat find has already uncovered something new to me:
"Zizella" colour and model "Moresca"

zizella.jpeg

JimK

New in Town
hey if anybody is around Salt Lake City... I was in the antique mall near 900 S and West Temple. There was a beaver fur Borsalino in there, a grey hat with a self-material hat band, in perfect condition. Sort of Hamburg looking but what do I know. I wear a size 61 roughly and the hat was too small by too much. So maybe a 58 or 59??? They wanted 50-some dollars for it. A total steal if you ask me... if the hat fits you, anyway.

hey if anybody is around Salt Lake City... I was in the antique mall near 900 S and West Temple. There was a beaver fur Borsalino in there, a grey hat with a self-material hat band, in perfect condition. Sort of Hamburg looking but what do I know. I wear a size 61 roughly and the hat was too small by too much. So maybe a 58 or 59??? They wanted 50-some dollars for it. A total steal if you ask me... if the hat fits you, anyway.
Have you ever dropped into the new(ish) custom hatter with a bricks and mortar shop just south of Provo. The name and town escape me for the moment but if I sleep on it I will remember. If so perhaps give an informal review of the place and the hats.

thanks, I will have to visit! I did stop in Salina a while back to check out Burns Saddlery there with their hat workshop in the basement.
I have visited Burn Saddlery in Salina twice now. It was cool watching them work on hats through the glass window. I also love the incredible saddles and that inspired me to visit a whole bunch of saddle making shops as my wife and I tour the west. Who knew there were still so many custom saddle shops still out there? At least there is still that form of artistry that hasn't move offshore to China. I visited a saddle/western shop in Miles City MT that has a saddle museum upstairs. It was amazing with American saddles all the way back to the 1800's.

Go back and buy it!! There is always someone around here who would take it off your hands in the classified section. It would sell in a heartbeat.

Ivano

One of the Regulars
image.jpeg
I
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
After posting some other pics on another forum it was suggested that I post these on the Borsalino Brotherhood.None of these have liners like many of the pictures I've seen in this forum. The labels look similar to the one I took the pic of except that the one in pic has the word 'extra' the others do not. Otherwise the liners and labels are the same. Enjoy the pics.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 184

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 141756 I View attachment 141756 View attachment 141754 View attachment 141755 After posting some other pics on another forum it was suggested that I post these on the Borsalino Brotherhood.None of these have liners like many of the pictures I've seen in this forum. The labels look similar to the one I took the pic of except that the one in pic has the word 'extra' the others do not. Otherwise the liners and labels are the same. Enjoy the pics.
Arrrr.
5cf67ee1a9f68904c081ae81f7ec7e18.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Just Daniel

One Too Many
Those are sweet! I look forward to more pics and folks telling us more about them.

Amazing stuff!

View attachment 141756 I View attachment 141756 View attachment 141754 View attachment 141755 After posting some other pics on another forum it was suggested that I post these on the Borsalino Brotherhood.None of these have liners like many of the pictures I've seen in this forum. The labels look similar to the one I took the pic of except that the one in pic has the word 'extra' the others do not. Otherwise the liners and labels are the same. Enjoy the pics.

Looks like a banquet to my eye. Gorgeous.

Three hats coming in today (some just passing through). First one is nothing too special, but I can't resist hats with those cellophane covers in the liner. Borsalino nero, size 58 with the bound brim at 5,5cm an the crown 10,5 cm at the pinch.
Interestingly I found the "export quality" sticker under the sweats of two hats today.
borsalino nero58 palmier_02.jpg
borsalino nero58 palmier_04.jpg
borsalino nero58 palmier_05.jpg
borsalino nero58 palmier_06.jpg
borsalino nero58 palmier_07.jpg
borsalino nero58 palmier_08.jpg
borsalino nero58 palmier_09.jpg
borsalino nero58 palmier_10.jpg
borsalino nero58 palmier_11.jpg
borsalino nero58 palmier_12.jpg

The second one is not a spectacular model, but interesting nonetheless.
Borsalino Rodio, size 56 with the bound brim at 6cm and crown 11cm at the pinch. What makes this one different is the way the Borsalino brand name is represented on the liner and sweatband. Never seen this one before. I think this one is from the seventies.
borsalino rodio super_02.jpg
borsalino rodio super_01.jpg
borsalino rodio super_03.jpg
borsalino rodio super_04.jpg
borsalino rodio super_06.jpg
borsalino rodio super_07.jpg
borsalino rodio super_08.jpg
borsalino rodio super_09.jpg
borsalino rodio super_10.jpg
borsalino rodio super_11.jpg

Third one coming in today fell squarely into the category "hats that make you happy".
Borsalino Lunasca model in the colour Nembo (meaning "nimbus"), which is a fantastic blueish grey colour. Size 57 with the raw edge brim at 6,5cm and the crown 10cm at the pinch. Very lightweight, unlined, hat weighing in at only 85 grams. Sold by Sools of Paris.
Both the model and the colour name I've never seen before.

borsalino nembo_01.jpg
borsalino nembo_02.jpg
borsalino nembo_03.jpg
borsalino nembo_04.jpg
borsalino nembo_05.jpg
borsalino nembo_06.jpg
borsalino nembo_07.jpg
borsalino nembo_08.jpg
borsalino nembo_09.jpg
borsalino nembo_10.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads