Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

NovaScotia

New in Town
Vintage Borsalino Top Hat

Good morning....We came across your website in our research of a top hat we found in our attic and wondered if you would be able to help us. We are not sure how old it is and were interested in finding out how to have it appraised. The hat is in the original box and is in excellent condition.... looks like it was hardly worn. It does not look to be silk, maybe beaver? Would anyone have any advice on how to research this further? Attached (I think) are three photos, included is one of what looks to be a model number with a signature of perhaps the maker which should help in the dating.

http://www.kodakgallery.ca/ViewSlideshow.action?&collidparam=676777010410.476908010410.1338818326671

Last edited:

TPD166

One Too Many
Vintage Alessandria

Today my first Borsalino arrived - and now I know what all the fuss is about. Based on what I have read, I believe this to be an early 1950s hat (1952 if the serial number theory is correct). The rear of the sweatband is taped, the front is corragated, and it has a cloth size tag. It was sold by "Marshall Field & Company - The Store for Men." It is in beautiful condition (other than the stain on the lining as shown) and I got for a good price with an ebay Buy-it-Now that had been listed for about 5 minutes!

If anyone has additional information as age, etc., that would be great! Does this now qualify me for membership??

Borsalino_1w.jpg

Borsalino_2.jpg

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Today my first Borsalino arrived - and now I know what all the fuss is about.

Borsalino_1w.jpg

Fantastic find, TPD! The fact that this Borsalino was sold through Marshall Field's, Chicago is a quite a bonus. Cool store with an interesting history.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82