Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The beauty of Art's Midnight Blue

Pilgrim

One Too Many
I like the color a lot, and the photo of Fedoralover wearing it seems likely to be much more accurate than the earlier photos, which looked too light for Midnight Blue. I have the same trouble getting good shots of my Midnight Blue Borsalino; it seems the darker the hat, the more difficult to get an accurate level of brightness to the shot.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
I tip my hat to you...

Fedoralover,
I don't think I have ever seen a man in a hat that looks better than you. A classic hat for a man of class made by a classy hatter...What could be better!:eusa_clap

Cabinetman

A-List Customer
Very sharp. The picture/the expression/the man says...

You don't want to mess with me (but I'm the first you should come to for help).

I'm stuffy and aloof (but look at that twinkle in his eye).

Wall Street is the only place for me (I am the humblest of men).

I know how to dress (I know how to dress).

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
fedoralover said:
Okay, I look like a saddlebag with eyes, but here is a pic of me and this hat.

IMG_20060703_0001_7_r1.jpg

fedoralover

God Forbid anything should happen to your wife.
You wouldn't be able to get across your porch for all the casseroles.

You're right. That IS a great color. And your hats seem to fit better than most of ours... must be that conformathingy.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Wow, thanks for all the compliments guys. This pic does show the color more accurately as you can compare it to my blue suit.

Another note on Art's work, if any of you have ever closely looked at an edge binding on a fedora you may have wondered--how did they do that? Well, it's not easy getting them on straight and the seam where the ends come together can be very hard to get to look right. Art just does a fantastic job putting it on and getting it to look just like the vintage ones.

This hat would have cost more than twice what Art charges if you went to Optimo to have the exact same hat with the same materials. We loungers are fortunate indeed to be plugged into the right people for quality customs.

fedoralover

WEEGEE

Practically Family
You do wear it well

fedoralover,

The colors great. I have Art's "Savoy" in the midnight blue...the edge is

not bound. I love the hat can't wait till the fall so its in constant rotation.

I think it interesting the amount of people who ask with a question in

the voice " Is your hat blue ". I did not think most would notice.

most regards,

WeeGee

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Navy Blue

It's interesting that you picked navy blue . Today in hats .it's not a big seller . Years ago , midnight blue was considered a color that was reqired for a man to have in his hat collection for formal wear as in a homburg .

Steven
Bencraft Hats

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
besdor said:
It's interesting that you picked navy blue . Today in hats .it's not a big seller . Years ago , midnight blue was considered a color that was reqired for a man to have in his hat collection for formal wear as in a homburg .

Steven
Bencraft Hats

It was about the only color I didn't have in my collection that I still wanted and it seems to be extremely rare on ebay, especially in a fedora. I don't wear Homburgs so I wanted one in a fedora and the only way to get it was to have Art make it.

fedoralover

jeboat

One of the Regulars
Great hat and Hatter!

Fedoralover you don't need any more compliments but that is a great looking hat! Very classy with an Italian touch with the hat cocked like that.

Art has a magical touch, too bad I don't have Bill Gates money.

jeboat;) ;) ;)

adamgottschalk

A-List Customer
Midnight blue--3 thumbs up!

Midnight blue has become just about my favorite color for apparel (on me anyway). I have a dark-blue vintage fedora (Beaver brand) that is easily my favorite hat (though my stingy-brimmed, black, finished-edge porkpie that just arrived today will give it a run for its money!).

Midnight blue is the one reason I might soon have a custom tuxedo made for myself. I wouldn't think of a tux otherwise. As with many things, I have the Lounge to thank for hipping me to the concept of midnight-blue tuxedos.

Nice hat! Would a fashionably astute person wear a hat with a tux? If so, what style? A homburg?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally