Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The 80s, myth and reality?

Fifty150

One Too Many
I heard the original by Prince was quite popular in strip clubs.

80's strip club music, as I remembered it..........

Screenshot 2024-06-28 19.42.19.png
Screenshot 2024-06-28 19.43.14.png

Old Spice after shave was stronger in the older days, right?

Cologne and aftershave in the 80's, as I remembered it.

Screenshot 2024-06-28 19.55.21.png

i remember the 80s being very pastel and shiny

As I remembered it.........

1719630053740.png

https://youtu.be/-aMCzRj3Syg

https://youtu.be/-TLCaDbBv_s?t=12

But was there ever a Kokomo Bar in the Florida Keys or is it all BS??
The "Kokomo" that they sang about never existed, so if there was ever a Kokomo Bar in the Florida keys it was probably only there for as long as that stupid song was a hit on the radio.

One thing to remember about American entertainment--it's ALL fiction. Oh, sure, the song/television show/movie might be about a police officer working in New York City through a specific amount of time, but unless they inform you at the beginning of that song/show/movie that it's based on real-life events, it's all made-up, created by someone's imagination. They aren't trying to educate you, they're trying to tell you a story, entertain you, and get some of your money in the process.

rogueclimber

One of the Regulars
The "Kokomo" that they sang about never existed, so if there was ever a Kokomo Bar in the Florida keys it was probably only there for as long as that stupid song was a hit on the radio.

One thing to remember about American entertainment--it's ALL fiction. Oh, sure, the song/television show/movie might be about a police officer working in New York City through a specific amount of time, but unless they inform you at the beginning of that song/show/movie that it's based on real-life events, it's all made-up, created by someone's imagination. They aren't trying to educate you, they're trying to tell you a story, entertain you, and get some of your money in the process.

LOL, not all entertainment is fiction (nor is entertainment limited to America) and not all entertainment based on real-life events is non-fiction. Reality TV is not reality either...

Sometimes it is fun to escape reality and just enjoy the show

But back to the simple things in life:

I don't know about you, but I already like it, I tell you!
The fragrance is really 80s, I would say. Funnily, not that far from Drakkar Noir, but not overpowering. :)

And no itching, 0% aluminium salts. And yeah, it's kind of longlasting.

AND on the affordable side, here!

Attachments

• IMGP9935.JPG
    IMGP9935.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 4
LOL, not all entertainment is fiction (nor is entertainment limited to America) and not all entertainment based on real-life events is non-fiction. Reality TV is not reality either...

Sometimes it is fun to escape reality and just enjoy the show

The funny thing is also, that Shangri-La is of course the fictional place from the 30s novel and Shambala is the old magical myth.

BUT, the Garuda Valley/Tibet is not! And Tsaparang and so the Kingdom of Guge was seemingly existing.

So, Shangri-La/Shambala is not 100% fiction.

Creating fiction by basing it on something real--Shangri-La based on Tibet's Kunlun mountains, for example--makes it easier for the reader/viewer to believe it's real; sort of a shortcut to a place that doesn't actually exist. Add enough realistic detail, and some people ("Conspiracy Theorists" and the like) will believe almost anything.

Funny enough, there are some people all around the world, really believing, there's a real Shambala/Shangri-La existing, which is still not found.

They believe it to be located somewhere western of the Garuda Valley, for whatever reason. But the buddhistic myth of Shambala is practically based on the Garuda Valley and Tsaparang/Kingdom of Guge.

But when it comes to James Hilton's Lost Horizon, it seems to me, that he made Sri-Lanka, Shambala and Shang-Shung to Shangri-La.

Could be that easy?? ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Good Citizen Az