Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suit Grey

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Picked this 1940's suit up at Meow in Long Beach.
You'll see it in New York!

Deadstock with tags.

One of the styles that I have sought for a long time. Plain old grey pinstripe double breasted.

IMG_2682-vi.jpg

IMG_2685-vi.jpg

IMG_2695-vi.jpg

IMG_2696-vi.jpg

IMG_2697-vi.jpg

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Wow! That is a beauty!
Man, I love dead stock. Congratulations.
I can't wait to see it on. Great find.

I love the peaked lapels on vintage suits; the line of the break in the lapels forms an almost horizonal line.
:)

Barry

Practically Family
Nice suit, Matt. I look forward to seeing it too.

I just need to find one for myself! :) Thought I had a winner tonight but I think the jacket might be a long based on the descriptions.

Barry

Classics never die!

Classic Grey Pinsuit Double Breasted Suit!
Even the Bulgarian judge gave it 9 out of 10!

(Actually, this is the type of GPDBS that I have been dreaming of finding only in my size 52R! Heck I can't even find a grey one.)

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
OH MY GOSH!

That is a fantastic suit. No kidding; you hit the jackpot. May I ask what size it is? My heartiest congratulations!

Are you absolutely sure you can't join us at The Derby this Sunday night? Aw, c'mon -- put on your new suit and go there! Please ...

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
That's just mean, Matt

Now why'd you wanna go and make me cry?
I try to avoid envy but that is one root suit.
The fact that is my size adds another tear.:p
I'm sure enjoy it and take care of it.
Cheers.:cheers1:

The Wolf

Wild Root

Gone Home
It is a "Root Suit"

Funny, I was with Matt and I showed him the suit. He loved it and bought it right there! Funny thing is, I've owned a DB striped suit since 1998 of the exact same fabric and cut! And, it's the same brand! The only difference is the size and my trousers have pleats. It's one of my favorite suits!

=WR=

Wild Root

Gone Home
It means...

"Dead Stock" Is another term for "New Old Stock" Meaning, its old but never used. It was never sold, or used. It's still old but by age.

Say, Tommy is with his friend and they're exploring an old warehouse. They happen upon an old box full of suits from an old department store that existed in the 1930's or 40's. The suits still tagged and pressed in the box. The suits were in perfect condition seeing they were never used or worn. In this case, they were new! But, since they never sold, they were known as being "Dead" in stock because they didn't move off the shelf. Also known as "New Old Stock" or "N.O.S"

Make sense?

=WR=

Dusty Rhodes

Suspended
Don't feel bad John

John in Covina said:
Classic Grey Pinsuit Double Breasted Suit!
Even the Bulgarian judge gave it 9 out of 10!

(Actually, this is the type of GPDBS that I have been dreaming of finding only in my size 52R! Heck I can't even find a grey one.)
I wear a 50L and 40 by 32 pants with a 17/35 shirt, I'm screwed for ever finding anything vintage.
DR

EdinLA44

Familiar Face
Wild Root said:
"Dead Stock" Is another term for "New Old Stock" Meaning, its old but never used. It was never sold, or used. It's still old but by age.

Say, Tommy is with his friend and they're exploring an old warehouse. They happen upon an old box full of suits from an old department store that existed in the 1930's or 40's. The suits still tagged and pressed in the box. The suits were in perfect condition seeing they were never used or worn. In this case, they were new! But, since they never sold, they were known as being "Dead" in stock because they didn't move off the shelf. Also known as "New Old Stock" or "N.O.S"

Make sense?

=WR=

Thanks Root. I figured that might be what it meant, but I just wanted to be sure.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SirLorial