Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

STRUM LEATHER ?

fabiofades

New in Town
Incredible, I learned a lot thanks to this community about the perception of leather. I started with Schott first and then LW. Now when I thought Belstaff was the best a few years ago it makes me laugh a lot!

TartuWolf

One Too Many
Schott is completely fine (the US stuff). LW is top league, but comes with various caveats. Vintage / older Belstaff stuff is pretty good as well as far as I understand.

bigmanbigtruck

One of the Regulars
Since you brought up Lost Worlds, look at the Ryder. I wear it to work and while I wouldn't call it formal, it doesn't give off moto vibes either.

TartuWolf

One Too Many
Yeah the half belt of the Ryder gives more formal vibes. I have one as well, but haven't worn it much as it's more roomy and I'll be using it for layering.
But for more office / formal look I'd likely go with the Downtown Car Coat from LW.
Car coats, whether short or long always look like the most classy leather jacket style to me.
Prime example is one of the loungers rocking his Maxwell:

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
If you are in the sales area, it's best in that field not to stray too far from what is considered - Business-class.

Just not worth the risk.

bigmanbigtruck

One of the Regulars
If you are in the sales area, it's best in that field not to stray too far from what is considered - Business-class.

Just not worth the risk.

I agree... when you're in a client-facing area it's a different ball game.

Got a friend in consulting who was gifted an Omega Seamaster from his dad and was proud to wear it. Wore it to a client meeting, and his manager told him not to wear it at the client site again because they complained about it. And it's not even a Rolex... :D

MrProper

I'll Lock Up
but maybe not the best choice for "formal" or "office wear"
I think it depends on the industry. And if you combine appropriately, you can give any jacket a formal touch.
Of course, if a suit is compulsory... then probably not.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I agree... when you're in a client-facing area it's a different ball game.

Got a friend in consulting who was gifted an Omega Seamaster from his dad and was proud to wear it. Wore it to a client meeting, and his manager told him not to wear it at the client site again because they complained about it. And it's not even a Rolex... :D
Exactly this. Back in school I took a sales & Marketing class in the Agricultural area. Instructor had been a professional salesman for ~ 20 years. Had quite a few personal stories as you could imagine, but his biggest was of owning a classic British car - he would not take that car anywhere near any of his clients, simply because it could project a "status" that he did not want to imply - in a Midwestern farming community. So he mostly drove the Oldsmobile or a pickup truck. First impressions do matter.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I watched their youtube channel for a while, but their jacket is horribly proportioned as other have said , they are just too long, and the leather is flimsy fashion jacket grade, and they also dye it with gimmick that fades quickly because the dye is burnt/ they run over a torch over the jacket to burn off the dye somewhat... I don't know how all these affect the stitches in the long run too, the guy who own the label looks cool and he has long body/ torso in proportion to his leg so it makes sense for the jacket proportion, but I think it looks bad on most people proportion wise

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hello everyone, after purchasing my LW Speed Demon, I am looking for a finer and more dressy leather to go to work. I wanted a jacket to wear to the office. What do you think of this new Strum brand? I know there are a lot of purists here, but the quality looks impressive. Thank you for your feedback!

What do you mean by purists? The stuff there just looks bad and I'm not sure what about it registers as dressy to you. If anything it looks even more casual than a motorcycle jacket with the bag shape.

For the price of one of those hideous jackets, you could a number of great things. Forget leather here; look into something that can dress up or down, like this wool field jacket.

fabiofades

New in Town
by purist, I meant going against the grain of fashion like Saint Laurent, Rick Owens or Céline jackets. Yes, I really like the jacket you shared with me.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
by purist, I meant going against the grain of fashion like Saint Laurent, Rick Owens or Céline jackets. Yes, I really like the jacket you shared with me.

Honestly the heroin-chic Hedi leather jacket look is really passé at this point.

People here will often say things like "unlike you TFLers I'm fashionable and wear SKINNY JEANS" or some other thing that's been out of fashion for a good five years or "unlike you TFLers I'm not obsessed with fashion so I wear oversized X-Files jackets" when oversize has been in fashion for years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigdog42