Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Open Road vs Akubra Campdraft

Frontporchcharlie

New in Town
Here's another comparison, my new BGG Campdraft with my 1960s Stetson 3x. The 3x is not technically an Open Road but meets the same dimensions as older ORs. Also, these two hats have the same measurements. Not surprisingly. Neither of these hats has had a crease yet.
1000002770.jpg

Last edited:

Frontporchcharlie

New in Town
Interesting to see the difference in what companies consider Silverbelly. My Stetson Open Road 6x is a true silverbelly color, while my Akubra Campdraft is more of a tan color, not quite fawn. I know each hat is different, even within the same company. I'm happy for the differences, it would be hard to explain to my wife why I bought two hats that looked the same. Both hats are new.
1000003057.jpg

Woodtroll

One Too Many
it would be hard to explain to my wife why I bought two hats that looked the same. Both hats are new. View attachment 644870

Funny you say that - did the photo catch her peeping around the corner to see what you were up to with those hats? :D And don't dare try the "you have more shoes than I have hats" argument with her; that never turned out well for me.

Thanks for the comparison!

Frontporchcharlie

New in Town
Funny you say that - did the photo catch her peeping around the corner to see what you were up to with those hats? :D And don't dare try the "you have more shoes than I have hats" argument with her; that never turned out well for me.

Thanks for the comparison!
I don't argue with her, she's always right. She keeps a close eye on my hat buying too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bvanv