Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Star Glove Co by Lost Worlds is best ever

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I googled lost worlds trojan and no fit pic images came up. Surely someone here has one (@Carlos840j

Here are some Trojan fit photos that I posted earlier this year in the WJAYWT thread. It’s a little fussy in the shoulders and the arms are too short, but it’s a perfect fit in the torso.

The fussy shoulders might be a defect of this specific jacket, though. I’m at least the third TFL owner due to the shoulders (I’d love to hear others’ experience with a LW Trojan). I hope they open up with regular wear, but I’m in SE Asia till the new year so the break-in is on hold.

IMG_3916.jpeg

IMG_3918.jpeg

IMG_3919.jpeg

IMG_3920.jpeg

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Here are some Trojan fit photos that I posted earlier this year in the WJAYWT thread. It’s a little fussy in the shoulders and the arms are too short, but it’s a perfect fit in the torso.

The fussy shoulders might be a defect of this specific jacket, though. I’m at least the third TFL owner due to the shoulders (I’d love to hear others’ experience with a LW Trojan). I hope they open up with regular wear, but I’m in SE Asia till the new year so the break-in is on hold.

View attachment 640862
View attachment 640863
View attachment 640864
View attachment 640865
Your jacket has a long torso. Not the standard LW and other makers' torso length cut.

Last edited:

photo2u

Call Me a Cab

View attachment 640862
View attachment 640863
View attachment 640864
View attachment 640865
I have a LW Trojan with all the bells and whistles. Mine is thick and stiff. The thick wool lining that Stu offered makes it difficult to wear at times. Mine looks different from yours due to the leather thickness, I think. The jacket runs short. This new Star Glove is a different design. It's roots are from the Trojan? As far I know, Trojan started in the early 30s. Perhaps Stu got the design from an actual star glove sample that came from the star glove? The Star glove company started a little later than the Trojan. What I see different in the glove star jacket from the Vanson is the longer torso and the back design. Furthermore, the D pocket is bigger than the Trojan, but the smaller pocket is exactly the same as the Trojans. Back in the day, Trojan had expensive jackets that were in the $60 dollar range with all the bells and whistles. Stu makes a beautiful belt feature in the Trojan for additionally $250. The best belt I have ever seen. The original Trojan was advertised as a 2.5" belt. Personally, I have seen an original one in the flesh and those were 2.25" standard brownies. I purchased several remnants leather lots from Stu. My goal is to make several brown and black belts and mouton collars to match my LW little kittens.

Last edited:

bigmanbigtruck

A-List Customer
I have a LW Trojan with all the bells and whistles. Mine is thick and stiff. The thick wool lining that Stu offered makes it difficult to wear at times. Mine looks different from yours due to the leather thickness, I think. The jacket runs short. This new Star Glove is a different design. It's roots are from the Trojan? As far I know, Trojan started in the early 30s. Perhaps Stu got the design from an actual star glove sample that came from the star glove? The Star glove company started a little later than the Trojan. What I see different in the glove star jacket from the Vanson is the longer torso and the back design. Furthermore, the D pocket is bigger than the Trojan, but the smaller pocket is exactly the same as the Trojans. Back in the day, Trojan had expensive jackets that were in the $60 dollar range with all the bells and whistles. Stu makes a beautiful belt feature in the Trojan for additionally $250. The best belt I have ever seen. The original Trojan was advertised as a 2.5" belt. Personally, I have seen an original one in the flesh and those were 2.25" standard brownies. I purchased several remnants leather lots from Stu. My goal is to make several brown and black belts and mouton collars to match my LW little kittens.
Stuart said they came upon some good pics of this Star Glove design + with owning and being familiar with the construction of orig. Cal CHPs and Trojans, it was easy to go from there and they were able to offer this as a new mainstay on the website. Not the first time they've done such a thing - their Appalachian was based on looking at pics of an original.

I do like that belt and the way it tapers at the ends - looks sleek.
1726803096995.png

If there is any interest, I will take some images of my three different brand interpretation of the 401 Trojan.
Yes please

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrichards1007