Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Star Glove Co by Lost Worlds is best ever

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Just received my Star Glove jacket from Lost Worlds and for me it really is the best jacket out of roughly 30 LW’s I have had the pleasure of owning. This one is definitely a keeper until I kick the bucket!

IMG_2669.jpeg
IMG_2671.jpeg

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
It’s longer than the Trojan which I like because I have never worn my Levis around my navel but on my hips and the Trojan being 23” long on the back was an issue. I do like the Trojan and the collar on the Star Glove reflects it. I have a J-23 and the Star Glove is close to that length maybe a bit shorter. The craftsmanship is fantastic on the Star Glove and I know the D pocket is going to get a lot of use too.

I don’t ride anymore at 76 but this jacket has a lot of shoulder and arm movement so I think it would be decent for riding too.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Nice jacket. I own a LW Trojan with all the bell and whistles that is one of my very favorites. Having seen your previous fantastic jackets, your review of star-glove is quite a statement. Stu does put an excellent spin on his jackets and easily become a very coveted tool to use when riding or not riding. To your health sir, and many MORE years before the bucket thing.

Last edited:

bigmanbigtruck

One of the Regulars
It’s longer than the Trojan which I like because I have never worn my Levis around my navel but on my hips and the Trojan being 23” long on the back was an issue. I do like the Trojan and the collar on the Star Glove reflects it. I have a J-23 and the Star Glove is close to that length maybe a bit shorter. The craftsmanship is fantastic on the Star Glove and I know the D pocket is going to get a lot of use too.

I don’t ride anymore at 76 but this jacket has a lot of shoulder and arm movement so I think it would be decent for riding too.
Makes sense - wear in good health. I really do like the cuffed sleeves and how the bold D-pocket just takes up about 1/2 the torso.

On a slightly unrelated note, I'm glad people are noticing the leather. Confused me when I saw past posts saying how lifeless and bland it is - which it's absolutely not. Just has a very robust top coat and takes longer for the grain to articulate. If speed is of the essence, just grab their lightest HH which is around 2.5oz.

I guess people have different expectations for how they'd like their leather to behave...

Last edited:

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
I noticed a difference in the leather on this jacket and the same with the Suburban which I ordered at the same time. It still is thick 4 oz. and will take some time to break in, however not as glossy as in the past. It is very comfortable right out of the box too. I really like this leather a lot though.

Stuart is pretty particular about his horsehide quality so he may have made some changes to the makeup of the leather. Guaranteed it will still be waterproof.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigdog42