Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Speaking of steamers...

Barry

Practically Family
I use the ESTEAM. It's intended for clothing but it does a fine job on my hats. Plus, I can take it with me when I travel.

Barry

Canadave

One Too Many
Barry said:
I use the ESTEAM. It's intended for clothing but it does a fine job on my hats. Plus, I can take it with me when I travel.

Barry

This probably is the most practical. Have you ever used another hand-held steamer, and if so, how does it compare? (I've used a fairly inexpensive one that I wasn't happy with.) I'd like a full review. :)

David

Barry

Practically Family
Canadave said:
This probably is the most practical. Have you ever used another hand-held steamer, and if so, how does it compare? (I've used a fairly inexpensive one that I wasn't happy with.) I'd like a full review. :)
David

David,

I have used inexpensive steamers as well. This is probably the best of the "personal steamers." My mom has one and I never expected it to produce as much steam as it does. It's about 10 inches tall or so and feels pretty solid. You will not get an intense blast of steam or billows of steam like you do with the professional jiffy hat steamers but it has five "valves" that spew quite a bit of steam. After you wave your hat over it for a couple of seconds your hat will be soft and pliable and you can shape it the way you like best. I used it to re-shape that Brooksbrothers hat a few times. It works quite nicely. I use it on shirts and jackets in addition to hats.

I recommend using distilled water.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conley