Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SOME NEW HATS

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Congrat ulations Douglas! I missed out on that blue Knox that was on around the same time as your blue Mallory. Oh well, there will be another to covet I guess.:) Good job on your new catch!:eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Mallory has got some great lines and fine details I can't wait to get it in my hands.The Playboy looks to be in perfect condition

Razzman

One Too Many
Both appear to be fine looking lids Douglas. I too bid on the Stetson Playboy. Congratulations. Can't wait to see the pictures after they arrive. :eusa_clap

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
DOUGLAS said:
I failed to mention my latest Art Fawcett design. A rich brown body with a silver ribbon and a bound dimentionally cut brim. The "Hoosier" pretty cool I must say.
DSCN4574.jpg

DSCN4566.jpg

The pictures are'nt great but I assure you the hat is. I may try lowering the crown a fraction to see what that will look like.

That is quite a beautiful hat. I don't have the courage to wear the white ribbon like that though it looks really sweet.

I need to look into getting a hat from Art. the last felts i saw of his Beaver were very nice... Have to wear one to see how well they hold up.

cooncatbob

Practically Family
analogist said:
That Hoosier is a teriffic design if I say so myself. Check out some other new
limited editions from Art's design studio such as Twentieth Century Limited, Orange Blossom Special, Blue Dahlia, Goodfellow, Cascade and more.

Hoosier has that special something that makes it look extra good on those who hail from The Empire State (myself included).

Doesn't look bad on a bald headed boy from California Either. lol . Bob.
456028339_bf5dd43c29.jpg

DOUGLAS

Matt, sometimes you gotta jump in with both feet. The ribbon is not really as white as the photo shows, it is more of a silvery pewter color.As you know Matt Art will make just about any shape you desire. I am excited about the light weights.

Razzman, I'm Thinking that they will be really good. I too can't wait for them to arrive.

DOUGLAS

This one is up next a Black Mallory

d299_1.JPG

d086_1_b.JPG

It sort of looks like a homburg but I don't think it is.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Ah, so you got that one. Cool! I considered that one but again I have to limit myself each month.;)
Congratulations! I hope you will be able to pair it with one of the great waitcoats you have.;) :eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

DOUGLAS

I know what you mean AlanC but it should be really nice. It looks very soft, even the binding.

DOUGLAS

It may be a Homburg Dinerman, call it an itch but there is something about its shape that makes me think it may not be. Having a larger binding doesn't automaticly mean a Homburg. This one seems a bit too loose. At any rate it should make for an interesting lid.

DOUGLAS

PLAYBOY

This is the first to arrive.
It is in fantastic condition and is so soft and pliable that it will take any bash or pinch I give it. Man, they definitely knew how to make a hat back then. I feel I have seriously lucked out with this hat being in such great shape.
DSCN5224.jpg

DSCN5225.jpg

DSCN5226.jpg

DSCN5227.jpg

DSCN5228.jpg

DSCN5229.jpg

DSCN5233.jpg

DSCN5234.jpg

DSCN5232.jpg

A good cleaning and this hat could be brand new.

DOUGLAS

You are correct Dman. This one seems to be an older one but still... the details of one from another makes it hard to keep on track. This one is very well made

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld