Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

ChiTownScion

Call Me a Cab
The era of the Fairness Doctrine was as close as we'll ever get in this country to having a genuinely "fair" form of media. Broadcasters for decades were required by law to offer equal time for discussion of all sides of controversial issues -- until that doctrine was undermined and then abolished to satisfy the demands of political and commercial interests for whom that sort of equal-time requirement was considered too much of a burden and too disadvantageous to the points of view they wanted presented. We see the results of that decision before us.

The Doctrine is still considered to be Constitutional. Red Lion Broadcasting Co. v. Federal Communications Commission, 395 U.S. 367 (1969): a unanimous opinion that is still good law.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
The Doctrine is still considered to be Constitutional. Red Lion Broadcasting Co. v. Federal Communications Commission, 395 U.S. 367 (1969): a unanimous opinion that is still good law.
law.gif

LizzieMaine

Bartender
You know what ticks me off? Having to take half a day off from work, spend gas money, and get up before sunrise to drive an hour and a half to my doctor just to get my prescription renewed. Apparently the opioid crisis is such that you can't get a prescription renewed in Maine anymore without showing the doctor your face -- even if all you need renewed is your post-menopausal estrogen pills. It'll serve them all right if I go on a hot-flash rampage.

KILO NOVEMBER

One Too Many
You know what ticks me off? Having to take half a day off from work, spend gas money, and get up before sunrise to drive an hour and a half to my doctor just to get my prescription renewed. Apparently the opioid crisis is such that you can't get a prescription renewed in Maine anymore without showing the doctor your face -- even if all you need renewed is your post-menopausal estrogen pills. It'll serve them all right if I go on a hot-flash rampage.
More likely, he can't bill your insurance for an over-the-phone refill call.

Inkstainedwretch

One Too Many

My wife has to do this every month, plus having her dosage reduced because, as the pharmacist explained: "New Mexico is number one in opioid overdoses." Because, in other words, people who actually need the meds (my wife suffers from lupus and arthritis) can't get them because people who don't need them swallow them by the handful.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
My wife has a similar trek to Lizzie, however, she is not prescibed pills instead, she has estrogen patches. She too is aware of the risks, yet even with the patches she can still go fifteen rounds with a grizzly and come out on top. Without them, I emigrate.

Edward

Bartender
The failure of those around me to adopt "to Bing" as a verb. I am constantly being told or asked to Google something.

I Bing it instead.

Frustrating...
I should have thought that if you can deal with the mind-bogglingly poor performance of the Bing search engine, thus would have been trivial....

Amusingly, Google have long tried to prevent the use of their RTM as a verb, for fear of trade mark dilution.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
I should have thought that if you can deal with the mind-bogglingly poor performance of the Bing search engine, thus would have been trivial....

Amusingly, Google have long tried to prevent the use of their RTM as a verb, for fear of trade mark dilution.

Works well enough for my needs, and Google does not need my traffic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld