Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slippers

The Shooman

Practically Family
Matt Deckard said:
Was a time you could walk into a store and buy a good pair of slippers to wear around the house. Now they are rare and seldome comfortable. When did the high end mogul companies become the only ones to make slippers like these?

When you do find them they cost 700 dollars and have on them a crazy logo.
pPOLO2-2476467_standard_v330.jpg

l feel your pain. Good slippers are hard to get and they are very expensive for what you get. Why are companies charging $700 for slippers with glued soles, it's crazy.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
My "New" Slippers - and very nice and comfortable too!

I put a nice topy sole and some German leather sole inserts and away we go...!

Jennifer Lynn

One of the Regulars
I've gone without slippers off and on for a few years at a time, but I guess when it rains it pours. I either find a few pair I like, or I get a few pair for the holidays. I like wearing slippers in the house (no shoes!), and the styles have run the gamut. From fuzzy black, to Tigger (worn to pieces), to other plush critters, Indian style with ornate beading and sequins, to slipper style that was quite fancy and comfortable (was cushiony and quilted on the inside).

These are my latest...they always elicit a grin from friends.

IMG_3043.JPG

I found these at Target (the acquired Nick and Nora line) and couldn't pass 'em up. They're not uber comfortable (I prefer some arch support and more cushioning), but they are good for trudging around the house.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
fluteplayer07 said:
Can Opera Slippers be worn around the house with pajamas? Or is it faux pax to wear them with anything besides a smoking jacket? And what about the simple leather ones?

Thanks,

CAN you wear ppera slippers around the house? CAN you? Yes. Should you? No...unless you like being perceived as a pretentious twit. The simple leather ones are more appropriate for everyday wear.

latinmajorac

New in Town
I have two pairs 1) Peal & co backless nappa leather slippers from Brooks brothers, AMAZING! i cant wait to buy another, these are on their way out, because i was an idiot and bought them two sizes too big so they have worn horribly. but not their fault, mine :) 2) a nice pair of LB Evans that i am not entirely happy about, the quality isn't what i was expecting. but they keep my feet warm :)

slippers are amazing!

Dan'l

Practically Family
My slippers from Vermont Country Store are still chugging along, six years later. Worn every day.

I've been wondering about those for a couple of years now. That's good to hear they are still working good and they are a very good price for the way things go these days.
Now I guess the question is what color, brown or black? ;)

I have two pairs of slippers, nothing fancy, an old brown pair I've had for years, and a camouflage pair my sister bought me for Christmas a couple years ago. I'm like Mr. Rogers, as soon as I get home from work, on go the slippers!

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
Do Peal and Co. make slippers of banana skin? Ha ha ha ha ha be careful of that joke boys, it is a valuable antique.

Last edited:

Chaps

One of the Regulars
I've been looking for a pair of Albert Slippers for some time without the hefty price tag. Think I'm going to get a pair of Brooks Brothers for Father's Day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe