Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Simonds Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

BR Gordon

One Too Many
If you were to make the H a larger, match the size of the C as FFF said, and spaced more normally in the Hinterland. I think that you would get the HC look, that I believe you were looking for.

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
I like the third one, clean and simple. Maybe I would change the outside frame and use a different one. I think mine should have been more simple like yours making it have a more vintage style look.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
I have several vintage fonts that I use in Adobe illustrator to make logos like this. Will fire up Illustrator an come up with some ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I rather like the first design. I agree that the font needs to be bolder, so that it jumps out at you.

I also think that 'Hinterland Caps' might work better than 'The Hinterland Cap'. The former sounds like a brand, the latter sounds like a style.

I think 'Hinterland Caps' would sound good then you could have a name for the cap styles you offer - such as the 'V Back' by Hinterland Caps.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Simonds, to me they look more like movie title cards than logos. i think that's probably because there's a lot of empty space between the lettering and the border.
art deco clothing logos tend to be quite compact and 'full'. also, if you can incorporate a drawing or other graphic shape too, so much the better. here's three i think really work:

30strouserlabel_zps8f3510e5.jpg

sunderland_zps65813d9e.jpg

radio_zps5cfa2720.jpeg

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
HBK: As I started to read your post i immediately thought of the Caslaw logo and then, lo and behold, I scroll down to find it there. I think it is a wonderfully simple piece of art that is so perfectly of its time.

howardeye

Practically Family
I got an ancient Indigo Blue feather bed cover coming in the mail. The lady that had this has some from the late 1800's in a different pattern. How would this look as a cap?

790E116B-97F2-4398-A0EC-3C5B2DB99ABA-668-0000006C8B14B5FE_zps8a8d7bb6.jpg

The fabric came in the mail today. It is a very nice piece and a little heavier than the Hickory Stripe. I will be sending it your way. Thanks

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Are you set on the name? Why not just stick with 'Simonds Caps'?

I would also think about the font. My concern over fancy fonts is that they are not always instantly readable.

My personal taste would be for something bold and very 1930s. The 'Caslaw' label posted by HBK is so utterly beautiful, and yet simple, that it can't be beaten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe