Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Similar boots to Nicks Americana?

gregwm1973

New in Town
I’m wondering if there is a similar boot for less $ to Nicks Americana? They’re very expensive and the lead time is weeks. I really like the wide vintage look of the toe box. Any ideas? Ty.

cbez

One Too Many
White's, viberg, grant stone(outsourced china copies but well made), wesco, alden...

Can pick up used in good shape at pretty good prices.

Faux59

Familiar Face
Parkhurst makes a stitchdown but Aerofan is right. You do get what you pay for with Nicks.

White's, viberg, grant stone(outsourced china copies but well made), wesco, alden...

Can pick up used in good shape at pretty good prices.
White's and Viberg cost the same if not more. He may as well stick to Nicks on a used pair since that's what he wants.

cbez

One Too Many
Parkhurst makes a stitchdown but Aerofan is right. You do get what you pay for with Nicks.

White's and Viberg cost the same if not more. He may as well stick to Nicks on a used pair since that's what he wants.
yes but nicks arent very common on the used market, could be a long wait for the size and makeup he wants.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
You can find them used. Similar White's options include the 350 Cruiser & Cutter.

I have both and like them a lot, however I would give the slight edge to Nicks in terms of QC and for still being an independent, family run business.

Khilij

One of the Regulars
Have you looked at the Red Wing Iron Ranger? It's not quite the same thing, especially in quality, but my pair has lasted me a number of years and they're much more affordable than the Nicks with no wait time. Something to consider.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Have you looked at the Red Wing Iron Ranger? It's not quite the same thing, especially in quality, but my pair has lasted me a number of years and they're much more affordable than the Nicks with no wait time. Something to consider.
+1 I also have a pair of these and they are ~ 11 years old. Excellent boots. No arch support but very comfortable once broken in. Sometimes you can even find them on sale/clearance.

Khilij

One of the Regulars
I would suggest Bordon Boots.
Produced as an MTO with high quality leathers and soles.
$400 with shipping.
But the wait time is about 6 months right now.
I've been waiting for my pair since last October so 6 months seems a bit optimistic. It's likely closer to a year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petitmalpa