Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

mt_spiffy

Vendor
These are pictures I took for a Paisley thread on another forum:

paisleys.jpg

ties2.jpg

newties.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I got this one today. I think its regimental of some sort, but I don't know what.

There are two tags on it. One reads, "For The Queen's Men / Registration applied for" . The other reads, "Collett's London"

The design features a crown, a thistle, a shamrock, "ER", a Daffodil, and some other flower ( I think it's a flower)

Monarchy, scotland, Wales, Ireland, etc, I assume
IMG_2195.jpg

IMG_2194.jpg

IMG_2197.jpg

IMG_2196.jpg

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful tie... now if we could get a picture of Dinerman in Boston Harbour enjoying a cup of tea ...there is a chance...only a chance...[huh] [huh]

Ace Fedora

Familiar Face
Won a huge lot of ties on eBay, they arrived yesterday. I went through them, and was pleased to see that most of them were in wearable condition... some of them are ugly as sin, but all can be worn.

eBay Listing including pictures!

Not sure what I'll be doing with them -- thinking of starting a "58 Ties on 58 Days" theme. :)

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
There's the beauty of big tie lots- you may get some ugly '70s or '80s polyester ties, but you also get some real gems, and for a great price. I like the '30s paisley in a box one.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Ace, You certainly got your money's worth with that lot. There are some real keepers there. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

arthur

Suspended
Baron Kurtz said:
Absolute worth, i guess, of a 70 year old strip of rayon or silk. Of course, they are worth what people will pay for them. But these things are not rare, in any way shape or form. They are by a long shot the very easiest pieces of vintage fashion to find.

People have too much money and too little sense of how to spend it. But then, when the stores are charging ridiculous prices for modern clothing - 50 USD and up for a tie? Absurdity. The fabric doesn't even come close to costing that much. And certainly not the sweatshop labour.

Same on this side of the pond. I don't buy ties, or pretty much anything else, in vintage shops. Almost everything is ludicrously overpriced due t the current trendiness of vintage clothing.

bk
Got three 1940's ties for 2 $a piece and a like new pair of Cole Haan tassel loafers for 4$ at Salvation Army yesterday.At a vintage store in Chicago the ties would have went for between 25 and 45 dollars a piece. Those stores are worthless.

64tonya

One of the Regulars
Ties, How to tell if they are really vintage?

Hmmm, I found a cool Countess Mara tie at a vintage shop and picked it up for the sweetie, but I have no idea if it is really vintage or if it is-how old it is. What should I look for, any tips? Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe