Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

And the tie of the day bills itself as a French Edge:p
$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Annixter

Practically Family
Todays: 4" wide, no labels. Although somewhat difficult to see, it has a stork in top hat pattern woven into the fabric. That with the trumpets, I wonder if it is a new-baby congratulations tie of ol'? Or maybe the designer just lost his/her mind?

Todays: 4" wide, no labels. Although somewhat difficult to see, it has a stork in top hat pattern woven into the fabric. That with the trumpets, I wonder if it is a new-baby congratulations tie of ol'? Or maybe the designer just lost his/her mind?

I'm going with the latter.
It looks pretty snappy anyway.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

I'm going with the latter.
It looks pretty snappy anyway.

It is interesting to note that tie manufacturers after WWII were producing to their fullest ability. Even then they were soliciting new designs from the public because they were, in fact, running out of ideas of their own. In came people like Dali and a host of others who made the bold era of ties unequal in history due to their vast numbers of patterns, prints and hand painteds. Sadly, we will likely never see another tie Renaissance like that ever again.

CONELRAD

One of the Regulars

It most likely came from the Stork Club in New York City. Their logo was a stork with a top hat. On "The Neckties of President Harry S. Truman" there is a Stork Club tie a little less than half way down the page (purple with pianos) that features the same stork in the background.

Annixter

Practically Family
It most likely came from the Stork Club in New York City. Their logo was a stork with a top hat. On "The Neckties of President Harry S. Truman" there is a Stork Club tie a little less than half way down the page (purple with pianos) that features the same stork in the background.

Great catch, Conelrad. Thanks for posting the link. Yes, this must be a Stork Club tie because the stork matches perfectly, and the trumpets now make sense along with the wild arrangement. The tie just made its way up on the wrack of ties with history for my collection, and one of the iconic clubs of the Golden Era at that. Just think, Cagney could have worn this on one of his visits, or maybe even Rin Tin Tin!:p

Both are spiffy, but I am partial to hand-painteds, and Kory was a good brand.

Looking at the Kory I wonder what the deal is between them and Hollyvogue. I have several hand painted Hollyvogues that have the same writing on the back of the front bade of the tie. Only the label is different on the back blade. Same company different brand names? I wonder.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe