Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

As per request in the "Baron, show us your ties" thread, here is the first installment of the 3 dozen ties i got from a woman in Crawfordsville, IN ... Here are 5 of the woven/knit/frayed edge ties i got from her. I recently picked up another at Goodwill. Will post in the next installment. Enjoy:

The first is maroon, made by 'Monterey Hand Loomed Mills' of California; 48" long and 4.5" wide:

HandWoven1.jpg
HandWoven2.jpg

The next is by the same company and is same size as first:

HandWoven3.jpg

Both of the ties above have the braided white/red thread stitching down the sides that can be seen on the first.

Next was sold by 'Steck's Clothing and Shoes"; browns of varying shades w/ yellow and green overchecks; 45" long & 3 1/8" wide:

HandWoven4.jpg

This one (again sold by 'Steck's') is varying shades of brown/maroon, blue, yellow, red, beige; 48" long, 3" wide

HandWoven5.jpg

Last is my favourite. It's rayon and wool 'Regal Spun Resists Wrinkles'; 47" long, 4" wide:

HandWoven6.jpg

bk

Wild Root

Gone Home
I really like them all but, the first one... OH MAN! I love that stitching! What a cool tie it is... and oh, if you ever feel like sending it back home to California, one Californian will welcome it very gladly! lol

=WR=

Well, here's an interesting one for ya. We saw Root's 2 for 1 tie (the one with the thin end the same width as the thick end so you could swith it around and get double the wear out of the tie). So, here's a four-fer. That's right. fabric saving (apparently war-time) British tie, with four tartans. The ends are the same size. Each side of each end features a different tartan. 4 times the wear!!!!

4Sided1.jpg
4Sided2.jpg

Some rather more prosaic ones to follow later ... I have them photgraphed (and have had for a month or so). Just need to get them uploaded.

bk

The ties are coming home! Wemberley wemberley wemberley

Now for the promised Wembleys. Again, all 30s. And all from My Lady of the Trillion Ties:

Wembley1.jpg

Wembley2.jpg
Wembley3.jpg

Wembley4.jpg
Wembley5.jpg

The green/brown.white stripe and the brown flecked stripe are made of "Priestley's NOR-EAST non-crush" fabric. Nasty rayon stuff. Ties a tiny knot, though ...

bk

Wild Root

Gone Home
Baron Kurtz said:
Now for the promised Wembleys. Again, all 30s. And all from My Lady of the Trillion Ties:

Wembley1.jpg

Wembley2.jpg
Wembley3.jpg

Wembley4.jpg
Wembley5.jpg

The green/brown.white stripe and the brown flecked stripe are made of "Priestley's NOR-EAST non-crush" fabric. Nasty rayon stuff. Ties a tiny knot, though ...

bk

Nasty rayon stuff? What??? Vintage rayon is swell! I do have to say, those last two... the colors are super fine! The green and brown stripped one would go well with a nice summer white or ivory summer suit!

=WR=

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally