Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

Sweet Leilani

A-List Customer
Got these two great floor lamps today for $5 each. The fiberglass shades are mint (the original owner hand-painted the covered bridge scene on the one) and the milk glass diffusers are both perfect. The lamp on the left could use a new coat of paint, but the price was right!

100_2886.jpg

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Over the past couple of weeks from the Goodwill...

1950s lamp for $3

lamp-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Vintage Ray Ban Aviators for $2

rayban.jpg
[/IMG]

Original oil painting of a Paris street scene (signed 'Petrin') for $7. It measures 39x27

Painting100.jpg
[/IMG]

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
That's a beautiful lamp, QB!

I posted this in another thread, but here's the Victrola I found in an antique shop in Barstow a few weeks ago for $99.00. Photographed at John in Covina's BBQ, with one of FedoraGent's 78 RPM records playing on it. (The record set inside the lid is one of mine. It was given to me by someone I'd never met before: I'd helped he and a shop owner put a table top in his car, and he gave me this one and a few others.)

Victrola.jpg

Lee

donCarlos

Practically Family
Hope that things given by someone qualify to this topic...

My grandma has given me these cute eyeglasses, posibbly from the 1910´s. The frame is golden. Unfortunately, I have myopia and these glasses are for reading only...

cvikr.jpg

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
donCarlos said:
Hope that things given by someone qualify to this topic...

My grandma has given me these cute eyeglasses, posibbly from the 1910´s. The frame is golden. Unfortunately, I have myopia and these glasses are for reading only...

cvikr.jpg
I have myopia, wear contacts for it, and then still need reading glasses in dim light!
I found a nice deco folding lorgnette, which can be worn like a necklace. I plan to have my reading prescription put in them. A cool thing is, when they are folded, the two lenses together make a very effective loupe for reading the fine print on stuff!

Selentino

One of the Regulars
ArtDeco silk tie from thrift. My wife does not like it,opinions please.
http://
P1011208-1.jpg

Also scored a nice lined pair of full cut cuffed wool pants that went right to the dry cleaners.

Lumelux

New in Town
sixsexsix said:
a friend of mine is moving out of the country and gave me the following items for free today:

chair:
IMG_2109.jpg

lamps:
IMG_2112-2.jpg

one of the lamps needs to be rewired, but that should be easy enough.

good day!

Is that a Norman Cherner chair? Sure looks like it. Wow great gift.

mp

Miss 1929

St. Vimmie de Paul blessed me today

With a really nice modern-fakes-40s evening gown in black and silver, a pair of modern-fakes-20s black and silver evening shoes, a cute pair of modern but kind of 30s looking black Mary Janes with white stitching, a really nice classic navy 100% linen shirtwaist dress, navy blue, and a 1920s glass candy dish with a handle in the middle! Now if only the camera and the computer would talk to each other, I could show you.

Quigley, those are truly godawful! I get a huge kick out of such silliness, but for some reason, my Mexican husband differs..

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Quigley Brown said:
Purchased at the Goodwill this morning for two bucks each. They're huge. These black velvet masterpieces were too tacky not to pass up.

burro.jpg
[/IMG]

I see these hanging in a dark-paneled room, above a dark brown leather sofa just to the left of the bar. Avocado shag carpet covers the floor. The coffee table matches the dark wood barstools.

Lee

Not much reading happens in this room.

Miss 1929

MrNewportCustom said:
I see these hanging in a dark-paneled room, above a dark brown leather sofa just to the left of the bar. Avocado shag carpet covers the floor. The coffee table matches the dark wood barstools.

The octagonal, faux-Spanish carved coffee table...

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
woah, those velvet paintings are fantastic! there's actually a museum of them in my city, but i haven't made it there yet.

miss_1929, i can't wait to see your finds :)

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
MrNewportCustom said:

Lee

Not much reading happens in this room.

Thanks for the idea!!! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe