Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Feraud said:
a couple of modern suits.
Linen double breasted for the summer
DSC00418.jpg

DSC00422.jpg

DSC00420.jpg

DSC00425.jpg

DSC00426.jpg

Beautiful jackets!!! Must see these in person this summer! :eusa_clap

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Jovan said:
:eek:

Tweed overalls, anyone? lol

Funny you should say that!

Swear to goodness, I once saw a '40s wool gab suit whose trousers were essentially overalls. That is, they were extremely high waisted and had built-in shoulder straps (like suspenders, but wider) that were made of the same fabric as the trousers. The jacket was fairly normal, though. I was told that the suit was custom made for some sharp guy who was a Lindyhopper back then. Never seen one like it again.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Marc Chevalier said:
That is, they were extremely high waisted and had built-in shoulder straps (like suspenders, but wider) that were made of the same fabric as the trousers. The jacket was fairly normal, though. I was told that the suit was custom made for some sharp guy who was a Lindyhopper back then. Never seen one like it again.

Like this?
lindy1.jpg

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
was that on ebay ?

(i'm from a tiny 'village' right next to Pelaw ! in fact the old CWS works was across from my house. i saw them blow the chimney up with CWS written down the side, although that suit was probably made in one of the factories futher up the road, near where they shot 'Get Carter')

cooperative wholesale society sold suits? bespoke suits?

yes it fits well. Glad it was not 17" across the chest as it stated in the auction. I thought that was impossible going by the other measurements so i too my chances.

Now off to button queen to find me a button. Might have to be a set . . .

bk

benstephens

Practically Family
A lot of firms would have had a bespoke section. I have a CWS off the peg suit. I must say the suit is not the best quality. I have some information, but someone has borrowed my book, so I will have to have a look when I get it back.

Ben

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Navy 50s DB?

I bought this deadstock suit from eBay a few months ago but never had a chance to wear it very often. The suit is like a size 18 boys, which means it just fits me. It's a little short, but I was feeling Thom Browne-ish today so wore it to school. Strangely, the pants were too long (now altered) but the jacket is too short. The sleeves and body were just about right, though...strange proportions.
The seller claimed it is from the 50s, but there are no labels inside. Any ideas? The whole silhouette seemed very 20s to me. There is like zero shoulder padding, the buttons are placed rather high, button fly on the pants, and the armholes are really high. This was definitely not a high-end suit- the label said that it had a decent percentage of "recycled" wool- it's in like a worsted flannel.

CIMG8968.jpg

CIMG8970.jpg

CIMG8982.jpg

CIMG8975.jpg

CIMG8977.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82